• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any knowledge of this medal?

8 posts in this topic

Are there any markings on the edge? It looks like it may be pewter, but it could be "antiqued" silver. It looks like a relatively new piece that was produced by a private company like MACO, Danbury or Franklin.

Chris

What a coincidence! I was just looking at some other medals on eBay when I came across a similar item, #320070505715. There were six different designs produced by MACO from 1961-1965 to honor specific engravers. This one is for Augustus St. Gaudens. They were produced in antique silver and copper.

Chris

What a coincidence! I was just looking at some other medals on eBay when I came across a similar item, #320070505715. There were six different designs produced by MACO from 1961-1965 to honor specific engravers. This one is for Augustus St. Gaudens. They were produced in antique silver and copper.

Chris

Yep. That one auction has as much information as I was able to find on the internet in the last six months!