• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The FUN show was very good to me!

42 posts in this topic

Congrats on completing your collection. That is truly a superb. What a great idea for a set, and even better in execution. Truly something for us all to aspire too. Thanks for sharing...Mike

That 1836 $1 Gold with the "Libertad" cap has basically the same design as the Mexican 8 Reales of that era.

Lots of history here...would love to see this in person! Thanks for sharing and congrats for having the passion to secure this wide spread hard to find collectable.

Thank you for shareing.Had some of my coins by the computer they looked so nice till

I saw your post and picture now I'M going in my room for some quit time in the dark.

UNREAL thumbsup2.gif

Edit: Do most pattern collectors lean to toned coins? Seems like most of the high end patterns are nicely toned?

Dcoin

Unless they are gold (or aluminum) they SHOULD be toned - if they are untoned, they've probably been stripped and dipped.

Mark - Gorgeous coins!

Thank you all for your kind words. The set has been very challenging but it is still a work in progress. My intention is to replace the obvious fantasy pieces with coins that have at least some claim to legitimate pattern status. I'll keep you all posted on future improvements to the set. laugh.gif