• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Seated Half I just won on Teletrade...opinions?

20 posts in this topic

I haven't purchased anything from Teletrade for quite some time......but with the free $50 dollars off coupon I received at the FUN show.....I figured what the heck. I have to admit it was quite a painful experience since I could not track the time on the auction down to the second like you can on Heritage or Ebay so I was afraid I would be outbid in the final seconds and not have an opportunity to place a bid on something else since all of the auctions end at the same time. It seems like an antiquated way to run auctions but I know a lot of folks shop them often......I just won't be one of them. wink.gif

Any way with the coupon the coin is going to cost me $88 dollars total which includes the buyers premium and shipping.....seems like a good deal for me and I expect the reverse color to look better in hand thumbsup2.gif

c23101232.jpg

it looks like a very natural (organic) 1858 50C that is appropriately graded, has great eye appeal and should be a keeper. Do you know what the mintage was?

Looks like a nice original piece, and even without the coupon, a fair deal. I have been registered w/TT but have never actually participated for the same reasons. I guess that is how they get you to bid slightly more as a safety net.

Thats a sweet coin. Oddly enough it looks alot like my Taco Bell Napkin Expierment coin. in color that is. I wonder if could have been... Nah! Sweet coin!

Thats a sweet coin. Oddly enough it looks alot like my Taco Bell Napkin Expierment coin. in color that is. I wonder if could have been... Nah! Sweet coin!

I'll see if it smells like refried beans when I get it in hand.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The mintage is over 7,000,000 so it's probably one of the most common dates in the series but since I am a color hound.......I really only cared that the toning looked legit and colorful and I think I will be happy when it arrives. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't purchased anything from Teletrade for quite some time......but with the free $50 dollars off coupon I received at the FUN show.....I figured what the heck. I have to admit it was quite a painful experience since I could not track the time on the auction down to the second like you can on Heritage or Ebay so I was afraid I would be outbid in the final seconds and not have an opportunity to place a bid on something else since all of the auctions end at the same time. It seems like an antiquated way to run auctions but I know a lot of folks shop them often......I just won't be one of them. wink.gif

Any way with the coupon the coin is going to cost me $88 dollars total which includes the buyers premium and shipping.....seems like a good deal for me and I expect the reverse color to look better in hand thumbsup2.gif

c23101232.jpg

Got the Blown Up Picture for You

1575355-c23101232-a.jpg

1575355-c23101232-a.jpg.66b982654f4d736af2e08538728688e9.jpg

To be honest, I am not a big fan of the look of this coin. It looks like "derivative" toning that occurs sometime after a coin has been well cleaned. I hope I'm wrong. TT pictures often make a coin look worse than it is.

This is one time where I held back in my posting because everyone was so happy about the coin, however, I think the coin was previously dipped/cleaned and the toning that developed afterward has an awkward, unattractive look to it. But, since James has kindly broken the ice on this issue, I will add to it.

I actually agree with Tom and James that I have no doubt that the reverse toning is a results of a cleaning and then storage in an album. I still think I am going to like it but I figure the coin sold for $160 bucks on TT in Sept of 05' and then technically $120 to me last week but with the coupon I felt like it would be a nice coin for $88 so........I am not bothered by the comments and assessments.......they are right on the money in my opinion thumbsup2.gif

Let me put it this way.

Any time that you can buy a Seated coin in PCGS or NGC holder in EF condition for less than $100, it will be a money maker. At least it has been for me. cool.gif

The trouble is the cost of the coin + the cost of getting in the hoder > the price you will get for the piece. Sooo... chances are someone took a hit before you made money on the piece. In this case it looks like Teletrade took the hit because of your coupon.

What a super deal on a nice coin. These are really tough to find at this price.

In my opinion, the coin looks original - this is a very sellable high end coin. The traces of mint luster make it very desirable. Had I known it was out there that evening, I would have aggressively bid on it. A beautiful, no problem coin.