• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I picked her up at my local coin show!

10 posts in this topic

Hi, All

I picked this 1833 CBD at my local coin club's two day show this weekend. Some of us couldn't make it to the FUN big show! laugh.gif

Anyway, she is just right for my collection. The scan made her seem washed out but she has some luster around the stars and hair and is a bit darker. What do you think of her? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

AAJ

cbdo1833.jpg

cbdr1833.jpg

Good looking coin for a circulated type set, nice strike, good eye appeal, and no problems like rim dents, deep scratches, etc…

I like it a lot. thumbsup2.gif And it's always fun to find good coins while browsing a local show, the pay off for much searching and digging about lots of … lets just say “stuff”

Nice score!

Is anybody concerned about the dark areas around the stars and within lettering?

Cleaned?

Either way it is a really nice coin.

Dcoin

Hi, All

Thank you all for the kind comments on my newest addition to my type set.

okbustchaser :thank you for the attribution. laugh.gif

Dcoin: It probably was dipped early in time and it has toned very nicely. Also there are no visible hairlines or scraches.

I was attracted to it because of the even wear on the overall coin. grin.gif

AAJ