• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a FUN little Seated dime I picked up at the Show

10 posts in this topic

This was one of my last purchases at FUN......it was my last day and I still had more than half of the money I came with so I was hunting down toners. I saw a guy with a couple of Morgans in his case and when I asked the price.......he was way high :Q Then he showed me a gorgeous little 1940-S Merc Dime PCGS MS66FB that was a knockout toner. I tried to play off how nice it was and asked for the price.....$450.......he had paid $425 which was really strong money for the coin so I wasn't goin to get to cherry pick anything off him......as I started to walk away this dime caught my eye. In the light it is completely neon blue and purple and has classic album toning that was too nice to pass up. The dealer quoted me a price just above bid so basically I didn't pay more than maybe a 10% to 20% premium for the toning laugh.gif I am used to paying many multiples of guide for attractive toning and I had always heard that classic type coins with nice color could be had for only a small premium so.....I guess there is some truth to that rumor.

So here's mine........please post your favorite Seated Dimes 893applaud-thumb.gif

I had to take several images because the coin is burried in an NGC insert at an angle and I am using a cheapo digital camera until I get my Nikon fixed......so the clarity and detail sucks but you gcan get an idea of how nice the coin is....

1890Obv2.jpg

1890Obv3.jpg

1890Rev.jpg

1890Rev2.jpg

1890Label.jpg