• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else think NGC should sponsor a post-of-the-year award?

4 posts in this topic

Over the last year or so I've been a member, I've read some really great posts in the coin forums here. I'm sure that the quality of the posts (particularly the WYNTK posts) has attracted many people here and essentially serves NGC as free advertising. I'd love to see the person whom the board votes to have made the best post of the year get some sort of reward for his or her efforts. Perhaps we could have a situation where if you've made over X number of posts, you're allowed to nominate a post or two, then the board will vote on their favorite at year's end.

Perhaps this would also inspire more people to contribute quality work to the forum.

Thoughts?

Sure. It might encourage more high quality submissions. If not, it's still nice to acknowledge the contributors.

I think it would be cool if NGC issued medals for the winners and for the winners of the registry set competitions as well.

. Well, this should not be a competition per-say but it would be nice to recognize contributors...not just one individual, but several need to be acclaimed. Since there is varying knowledge and expertise levels here, so should the acclamations. Tis a noble gesture indeed and think it should proceed without haste.893applaud-thumb.gif