• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is NGC Leaving Money On The Table?

5 posts in this topic

I personally feel that NGC is leaving money on the table buy not improving their photo services. This is one reason I don't submit many coins to NGC. I get these done ATS for $5 which is a fantastic deal. Has anyone addressed this with NGC? If so, what was the answer. For the right $'s and benefit's I'll move to Florida and "Get R Done"! grin.gif

truview1909vdbmedium.jpg

10761127.jpg

10761126.jpg

10761125.jpg

08787910.jpg

08787908.jpg

1913mplmedium.jpg

I heard PCGS is no longer promoting TrueView™ but will still do it if requested. While some say TrueView™ is NOT "true" to how the coin looks in-hand, they are impressive to look at. I've seen some coins where the coin in-hand looks nowhere near as good as photos suggest in which case I can prefer to look at the photos over the coin.

The NGC photos I've seen, on the other hand, are not very impressive. They seem flat and over-exposed. IMO, many regular posters here have done much better. So I definately think NGC can improve their photo services if they choose to. Also they should make it horizontal with both sides instead of the current poster-style. This would make NGC photos easier to use in forum signatures smile.gif

Like they say Leeg..."A picture is worth a thousand words"

That 1913 sure is impressive...maybe/possiblby the Brass is looking/learning?