• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's start the New Year Peacefully...

33 posts in this topic

I actually think the Peace Dollar design is more attractive than the Morgan dollar design. Anyone else feel that way?

Yes! I remember my uncle giving me Peace Dollars at Christmas or for my birthday and was always attracted to the well designed coin with the youthfulness of Liberty and the watchful eagle perched on the rock as if preserving the peace. The rays form the sun reminded me of hope and a bright future ahead. The low relief of the lettering and the v in place of u fascinated me as a youth. I couldn't figure out how the government could misspell trust wink.gif

Nothing like holding a raw silver dollar in one's hands to hook a youngster into becoming a life-long collector!

What really draws me to the Peace $ is Miss Liberty's face: young, vibrant, and attractive

Probably the most attractive "Miss Liberty" on any US Coin

1564389-1923ngc651.jpg

1564389-1923ngc651.jpg.5ef55917f9030400c22dcb19fce75142.jpg