• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

submitting to NGC?

13 posts in this topic

If you are a member of the ANA, which is highly recommended, you can apply for direct submission privileges. There's a form, which can be access from the front page, that you fill out and send to NGC that asks for your ANA membership number. NGC verifies your membership number and then sends you an account number beginning with an "A." You can use that number to directly submit coins to NGC.

With no offense to the Collectors' Society, I think this is a better deal! I know that membership in the Collectors' Society gets you free submissions, but with the ANA membership you get the advantages of the ANA and submission rights! As an ANA member, I heartily endorse this route.

Scott hi.gif

If I get this wrong someone correct me.

Join NGC Collector’s Society you will receive coupons for 5 Early Bird Submissions. You also receive other coupons. The cost of the membership alone pays for itself the first time you send in coins for grading.

If you use the registry your coins are priced by Numismedia.

You can submit the coins yourself and track the submission status online.

Not to mention the prestige of being a Collectors Society Member. smile.gif

http://www.collectors-society.com/community.asp thumbsup2.gif

Let's see:

Collectors' Society, annual membership...........................................$ 99.00

American Numismatic Association, 5-year membership....................$165.00

Greysheet, 2-year subscription.......................................................$162.00

Coin World, 3-year subscription......................................................$147.95

C.A.F.S., Life Membership............................................................. FREE

C.A.F.S. & E.R., Life Membership................................................... FREE

Greg Margulies Fan Club, 1-hour membership..................................$13,399.99

Chris

If you are a member of the ANA, which is highly recommended, you can apply for direct submission privileges. There's a form, which can be access from the front page, that you fill out and send to NGC that asks for your ANA membership number. NGC verifies your membership number and then sends you an account number beginning with an "A." You can use that number to directly submit coins to NGC.

With no offense to the Collectors' Society, I think this is a better deal! I know that membership in the Collectors' Society gets you free submissions, but with the ANA membership you get the advantages of the ANA and submission rights! As an ANA member, I heartily endorse this route.

Scott hi.gif

It depends on your situation. If you have 5 or more coins worth $300 or more, the Collector's Club is a super deal -- you get 5 free Earlybird submissions for the $99 fee, which works out to $20 a piece for $30 value submissions (If you submit coins worth more than $300 you cannot use Economy and have to use the Earlybird or higher tier service). Plus, for your other submissions, if you use the online forms, you get a 10% discount on submission fees, which you do not get with the ANA free membership.

In addition, with the Collectors Society membership, you can check submission status online, and have access to the NGC online pop reports.

NGC pop reports are available to everyone irrespective of club membership.

Regarding the 5 free submissions, NGC site states: Your choice of 5 free EarlyBird submissions or 5 Standard World submissions with NGC.

Is Russian gold coin valued over $300 OK for EarlyBird or would do I go with Standard World?

What's the turn around time on both?

Thanks!

Rusty.

Hi Rusty,

The EarlyBird tier is for United States coins only. Your coin is perfect for the Standard World tier.

This NGC page documents the available submission tiers along with their nominal and current turnaround times.

Beijim