• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAS Anyone attempting to win a REGISTRY award for 06'

15 posts in this topic

Just a Plain old certificate for FRAMING - UNLESS you win top 5 then you get 5 FREE photo Proofs of your coins ... Nothing real spectacular ...

top 5 then you get 5 FREE photo Proofs

You also get a very nice plaque and a mention in Coin World. I also received a letter from Steve Ivy unexpectedly. Nice accolades.

Hoot

SCR...best of luck in 2007...but as far as going from # 2 to # 1 will be

[sorry to say this] an impossibility. A certain collector in Thailand [EX:

New Yorker] will not be deposed.

So, when are you going to try your hand on the Barber quarter series ? poke2.gif

I have one for best presented for my early half dimes. Since I collect type and early half dimes there's no way I'll ever win one for best set. I'd have redo my whole collection, which has taken me 40+ years to put together, because my core coins are too low grade to be the best.

Things like a Chain Cent and a 1796 Quarter in VF, or early gold in AU are great collectors' items, but they will never put you at the top of the registry.

But you do get to see my coins. Everyone of them are photographed and on the registry. You find any "no photos" and "no comments" among my sets. What do the top collections have to hide?