• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auctions

15 posts in this topic

Depends on what it is. If I had a 2006 anniversary AGE set, which I consider valuable, I'd probably go the eBay route. But if I had say... A 1907 high relief saint in MS67, I'd go Heritage.

If I didn't know a collector interested in them or a good price to put on them, I would try to get them into a Heritage Signature Auction, preferably coinciding with one of the larger shows (for example FUN, but it's too late now)....Mike

How high? It also depends on the coin. I've seen MS65 and MS66 FH SLQ's sell on eBay for fair market money. But if they're REALLY high grade/value, then Heritage would be good. I'm pretty sure that Heritage keeps a larger chunk of the final value, though.

If you have sold on Ebay and have a good feedback record I would go with them. If your coins are properly listed with good pictures, I think you would realize the highest returns.

If your SLQs are better date and high grade (1916, 1918/7, 1921, 1923-S, 1927-S, etc...) then a Heritage Signature Sale is the best way to go in my opinion.

If your SLQs are better date and high grade (1916, 1918/7, 1921, 1923-S, 1927-S, etc...) then a Heritage Signature Sale is the best way to go in my opinion.

thumbsup2.gif

if they are other dates common, or scarce and they are pcgs and top pops then definately a heritage signature sale with bowers and merena a close second

If your SLQs are special for the grade, ie. fully struck, particularly attractive, etc., an auction venue may not be the best place for them. Of the many series that do extremely well at auctions, SLQs are one series that I believe does not fare quite as well. Indeed, auctions are where I cherry-pick particularly nice coins - to sell at a profit at shows.

If time is not a factor in your decision, I would recommend you consider finding an SLQ dealer with a strong market presence who is willing to take your coins on consignment.

Incidentally, PM me a list of what you have, as I do have several on my want list.

thumbsup2.gif

if they are other dates common, or scarce and they are pcgs and top pops then definately a heritage signature sale with bowers and merena a close second

why B&M and not ANR?