• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've never been to a major show before!

13 posts in this topic

I'll admit, I'm somewhat xenophobic despite my (history) of travel, and always been short of cash since I seem to spend it all, so I've never attended a major show.

Coming from CT, what would you recommend for my first show. I'd really like to meet fellow board members and some dealers that I've talked to through the years but never met!

Spend several days in Baltimore at the next show. It is easy to get to, it is far better than the Boston show, there is no admission fee, the hotels are high quality, convenient and inexpensive if booked through the convention rate and, most importantly, by spending several days there you can be relaxed as you walk the bourse at your own rate, go to whatever after-bourse auctions you like to attend and have dinner with fellow members.

Spend several days in Baltimore at the next show. It is easy to get to, it is far better than the Boston show, there is no admission fee, the hotels are high quality, convenient and inexpensive if booked through the convention rate and, most importantly, by spending several days there you can be relaxed as you walk the bourse at your own rate, go to whatever after-bourse auctions you like to attend and have dinner with fellow members.
Tom Is right...Baltimore is ALL that and a Big bag o chips... thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

If you don't want to wait until the next Baltimore show (500+ dealers, Mar. 23-25) to go to your first show (or if you'd just like to practice), then I'd highly recommend you try either Parsippany, NJ (80+ tables - first Sunday of each month) or White Plains (about 70 coin dealers - Jan 19-21).

The Baltimore show is now so huge that, especially if it's your first show, it can be disorienting and exhausting just to cover the floor.