• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another refugee from PCGS???

38 posts in this topic

.......just curious here. i was wondering, for those that got banned from ATS. did you get an e-mail warning you that you're on deck for a nuke from the forums or did you realize it when you couldn't sign in or what? like i said, i'm just curious on how this goes down, or in some cases, went down? hm

When I got banned, my login simply didn't work. No warning, no probationary period. I would simply get a message, something about being "forbidden" from posting.

.......just curious here. i was wondering, for those that got banned from ATS. did you get an e-mail warning you that you're on deck for a nuke from the forums or did you realize it when you couldn't sign in or what? like i said, i'm just curious on how this goes down, or in some cases, went down? hm

When I got banned, my login simply didn't work. No warning, no probationary period. I would simply get a message, something about being "forbidden" from posting.

......thanks, james. sounds cold to say the least. ???

Got no warning, I was in the middle of making a posting. Composed my response, submitted it and got a message that I had to log in which was odd because I never bother to log out. Then when I tried to log in I got this

Login Denied, you are not authorized to login to the forums.

My goodness. Are we really coming up on 3 years since the great purge?

I think the great purge was more recent.

ok, please give me the real scoop

how many purges were there?

when was the most recent?

(see my earlier posts)

About 5 years ago sent in 11 common date Saint Gaudens $20 gold coins to be removed from the OLD OLD OLD oversized 1980s Blanchard slabs into PCGS. I had just joined their system and they gave me the ROYAL run-a-round for about 8 weeks when they could not find my coins.

The eventually found them and graded them nicely.

(3) MS65s &

(6) MS64s &

(2) MS63s

However:

They refused to honor their guarantee by sending me a few certificates, or even say they were sorry. That was the last time I sent them anything. It was like dealing with civil serpents in the Post Office - only humor meant.

I join NGC every year now.

Recently I sent in some of my 1989 500 year comm. proof sovereigns from Great Brittain. All came back PF69s. NGC treats me like a PRINCE which PCGS treated me like a pauper. I still buy PCGS slabs but I'd never never never send them even a 2009 Lincoln set. I just got one of those sets of 5 coins too.

Best wishes to my forewarned and fellow collectors,

HS

SaintSteve, What oversized Blanchard slabs? I am only aware of two varieties of Blanchard slab. One is small, about the size of a PCGS rattler slab, and the other is huge and was used to slab an entire original roll of Morgan dollars in one slab. What Blanchard slab are you talking about? Do you have an example or pictures?