• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A $5000.00 bump, and Why I am Extremely Suspicious of 3rd Party Grading

32 posts in this topic

Back to shennanigans!

The original coin in question is now in a B&M auction?! 893whatthe.gif

It was a 65 in your hands but now it is a 67 in an auction run by the grading company. makepoint.gif

I can't believe no one brought that up. I understand that it may belong to someone

else but I'd say it looks like shennanigans. Can anyone say ACG?

Glenn

I think what Shiro is trying to say is that it doesn't really matter a bit if the coins is slabbed or not. It is the coin itself that matters and many people seem to forget this.

Yes, I use the slabbed grade as a guide. It's a guide that tells me right off whether I'll be able to afford it. Because the grade will pretty much tell me what the "bottom line" price will be. It won't matter if it's the greatest coin I've ever seen, if I can't afford it I can't buy it.

As to the eye appeal. Again, I'd much rather have an AU58 will luster and some rub than a marked up, dull MS63. Higher grade does not necessarily mean higher quality. All it means is higher price. 893frustrated.gif

jom