• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Good find... sorry no pictures because of hardware error

6 posts in this topic

While poking around eBay, I bought a 1979 Susan B. Anthony Dollars Mint Set for the heck of it. Gave it to NGC for grading while in Baltimore just to see what it would bring. Although I received the box a few days ago, I opened it today to find the 1979-P graded MS-65 but was designated with WIDE RIMS! For those who don't collect Susie B's, the Wide Rims are "rarer" than the Narrow Rims and can sell for $50-100, depending on whose price guide you believe.

The set cost $3 plus shipping and grading was $12.50. I think I did well on my investment!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Sorry for no picture. My Canon S2 IS just came down with the dreaded E18 error--that's the motor for the retractable lens. I have to send the camera to Canon for repair. Until then, I'm stuck with words since scanners do not do well with imaging slabs!

Scott hi.gif

Good for you, Scott! It's too bad that the profit you made will have to be used for your camera repair.

That is unless Harry Hanukah, or a nice relative, gets me a nice gift!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But I'm not counting on that. Oh well... camera goes off to Canon tomorrow! boo.gif

Scott hi.gif

Sounds like you did well.

People automatically discount the 79, 80 and 81 SBA's as junk, but these coins can be real tough to find in high MS grades, and the wide rim makes for a good score also thumbsup2.gif