• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who got banned?

14 posts in this topic

I left voluntarily last week...I go back now and then and just read a few posts here and there but no longer participate. Seems like the questions and statements have continued, but responses to those have have fallen off, I've even read comlaints that if your not a poster from the "inner circle" you will get few responses ~shrugging shoulders~ what is tha all about...not that I care but it shows the wrong priorty to this hobby who has always embraced all collectors.

The forum here (NGC Chat) does that no matter the caliber or level of numismatic knowledge or involvement. I want to learn and spread the good word about our hobby...especially to those just entering numismatics.

I sure wish I would have had a place like this to show me how to avoid the problems and trials of learning through hard knocks...but those knocks really sink in pretty fast, but I longed to have someone steer me in the right directions and not to collect what THEY thought was fun!

(I thought about all the hard thinking and work some people put into some of those posts only to have them zapped into oblivion...not right, but they knew they were on cracking thin ice, me, I'm going to move on)

Re: the "inner circle" quote from above. That's just talking trash. That thread didn't get a lot of answers because it's hard to understand what he's asking. I'm still not sure after reading it a couple times.

Re: the "inner circle" quote from above. That's just talking trash. That thread didn't get a lot of answers because it's hard to understand what he's asking. I'm still not sure after reading it a couple times.

I was not speaking about a "specific" post...there may be one now but that last time I was there, ATS, there was reference to that kind of feeling that if you were not one of the "regulars" you could just forget it...more or less, that's not trash talk, you can see it happening.

I'll tell you, in general I've never had a problem getting a question answered. There is a group of people who probably get more attention just because they are more vocal and verbally witty. I would consider myself a regular, but I don't get much attention (other than photography issues).

It's definitely a tough love board over there. Thin skin doesn't work well. It's much more benign here.

Agreed...not picking a fight, just an observation of perceptiveness (is that a word?) of people and how they interact in different situations.

Have a good day mgoodm3 wink.gif

I just find it amusing that some people come onto the boards talking smack or whining about something and the locals call them on it (which they are merciless about). When they come back and try to be more serious they're surprised that they don't get a lot of attention and complain they they aren't in the Circle of Trust™.

The inner circle is certainly a real entity over on the other forum....I don't know if you are questioning if that's a reality or not Mark?

I can tell you that I have been a PCGS forum member for about 6 years now including time on the old PCGS boards and for every 10 posts I start over there......at least 7 or 8 end up on the 3rd page within an hour. It used to bother me constantly....and sometimes still does but I know that we don't all have the same interests so clearly....you aren't always get the response you are looking for 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Other member can start a thread on Chinese coins with Silk worms on them and 5 pages later the thread finally dies.......there is certainly a lot of followers and butt kissers over there.....but that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of knowledge and enjoyment to be had either. I still enjoy posting over there and have no issues with 98% of the posters so I will continue to go back and forth as long as the PCGS forums exist.

Oh, there is a vocal group of generally knowledgable, witty, sometimes harsh people over there. I don't have the verbal chops to play in that group. The second tier of quieter but regular posters is not a hard group to get into as long as you don't ruffle too many feathers and don't expect it to happen overnight.

The inner circle is certainly a real entity over on the other forum....I don't know if you are questioning if that's a reality or not Mark?

I can tell you that I have been a PCGS forum member for about 6 years now including time on the old PCGS boards and for every 10 posts I start over there......at least 7 or 8 end up on the 3rd page within an hour. It used to bother me constantly....and sometimes still does but I know that we don't all have the same interests so clearly....you aren't always get the response you are looking for 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Other member can start a thread on Chinese coins with Silk worms on them and 5 pages later the thread finally dies.......there is certainly a lot of followers and butt kissers over there.....but that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of knowledge and enjoyment to be had either. I still enjoy posting over there and have no issues with 98% of the posters so I will continue to go back and forth as long as the PCGS forums exist.

good observation.

I had a great time over there. Made a lot of friends. Got involved in a lot of (numismatic) interesting posts. Took maalox whenever a thread on legend or some other popular topics which got more publicity than say the bust half series, but I figured that was just the way it was there, people are people and not everyone shares the same interest in the same things that I do, and that was OK by me.

Fortunately, having been raised by a Father who left Fascist Italy, I've always been sensitive to censorship, movement of the masses and betrayal of friends. Unfortunately I got axed when I put my two cents in. I say unfortunately because I enjoyed the friendships I had there and was participating in a series of posts that I can no longer participate in.

What amazed me personally, was to not only see a few insulting commentaries about me by people I didn't know, and one that I never heard of before, but that not many, if any, stuck up for the ones that were ousted. Well, I guess that's just the way people are. I'll move on, they certainly have moved on. Inner circle? Inner circle of what?