• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 S Broadstruck Morgan Silver Dollar

23 posts in this topic

I really don't care for the look of the coin that much.

I can assume what you don't like is the weird look to the reverse??

the coin is dirty.... but there is a ton of original mint luster showing through... you can't see it well in the pictures... a quick dip would have made it look much better.. but i didn't bother.

it also looks different in hand... you know how photos can be smile.gif

I can assume what you don't like is the weird look to the reverse??

the coin is dirty.... but there is a ton of original mint luster showing through... you can't see it well in the pictures... a quick dip would have made it look much better.. but i didn't bother.

it also looks different in hand... you know how photos can be smile.gif

I have never really been a big Morgan fan to begin with. Your coins, your money spend it as you please.

I don't believe a dip would have helped that coin, in fact, I believe a dip might have made it look unusually white for a coin with such circulation. This is one board member who is happy it wasn't dipped.

I don't believe a dip would have helped that coin, in fact, I believe a dip might have made it look unusually white for a coin with such circulation. This is one board member who is happy it wasn't dipped.

Make that two. grin.gif

-Amanda

Dipping that coin would be a sin. Anybody who would dip the coin is um... well nvm

Sit on it, Bruce! You don't read about anyone ragging on your photography, do you? insane.gif

yay.gifC yay.gifH yay.gifR yay.gifI yay.gifS yay.gif

Make that two. grin.gif

-Amanda

+1

That is a phonomenal coin!! grin.gif

hail.gif

As a fanatic and obsessive hoarder of 1921 Morgans, the only negative I can see to this coin is that I don't own it. grin.gif

Heckuva strike, as well, especially considering all the metal which was able to leak out.

I'm not a fan of fugly old circulated Morgans either but I can totally appreciate how rare morgan striking errors are and with that in mind, this fugly circulated morgan turns into a dream coin in my book.

Sweet coin!

That's very nice, I've never seen a broadstruck Morgan before.

I don't see them advertised too often. I've been looking for an undated CC Morgan that was struck 40% off-center at K6 to prove a theory of mine. If anyone ever learns of the existence of one, I would really like to know about it.

Chris