• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

From Pinnacle Rarities

29 posts in this topic

Heard alot of good things about Pinnacle Rarities smile.gif and decided to take a look at their website. You all know I'm a big Lincoln Fan, which is a fairly recent series, 03/06, for me. I want to thank Christine for working with me on the coin. thumbsup2.gif I'm fortunate to have found this key to the series, and my collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif This is Pinnacle's Pic and I'll post mine when the coin arrives in a couple days.

1909svdbobvA.jpg1909svdbrevA.jpg

Congrats on the NEWP!!! The folks at Pinnacle are great to work with, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when the coin arrives -- although they have improved, their pics generally aren't that accurate and the coin in-hand is typically much better. Please post pics when you get it. Take care...Mike

p.s. What does it grade?

It looks nice, and the images appear to be much more lifelike than they had been until recently. This is good to see, and is something that Christine told me would occur when we spoke about Pinnacle images at the Baltimore show.

It looks nice, and the images appear to be much more lifelike than they had been until recently. This is good to see, and is something that Christine told me would occur when we spoke about Pinnacle images at the Baltimore show.

I commented to them about their shoddy imagery myself last summer. I think that poor photography reflects negatively upon a great company.

The 1909 S VDB is the most overrated coin ever if you ask me. I would not spend big money on an MS piece.

True, but if you're collecting mint state Lincolns like Lee is then you have to bite the bullit!

This is a sweet coin. High grade, nice red remaining w/o the full red price. cloud9.gif

That looks like a great coin from a company I highly recommend! Ever since I collected Lincoln Cents as a child I've always wanted to own one of those. I am looking forward to seeing your photos of that coin once it is in your hands.

Thanks Guy's!!!! Coin just arrived so heres some quick pics. I'll enjoy tring to take some better pic's of this one. The lustre and color are just amazing. May regrade RB one day.

1909SVDBslabobv.jpg

1909SVDBslabrev.jpg

1909SVDBobv4.jpg

1909SVDBrev4.jpg

Great piece Lee.

I suspect a childhood dream fulfilled. I think back to when as a kid the 1909-S VDB was the holy grail. I could only dream of filling that hole in my old blue penny board. And now you have done it, and in the sweetest of ways with a true Gem. 893applaud-thumb.gif