• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1875 S Trade Dollar-Caution Large Pics

21 posts in this topic

I'm going to make a guess that it is an ANACS 11 slab. Note the old ANA logo impressed into the white center piece of the slab on the reverse. (Although I hate to admit that if it is I never noticed the logo before.)

If it isn't I really would like to see it.

Old ANA holder is correct, the letter-number combination designation. It seems to me they were pretty tough on grades in the a lot of cases during that period, late 80's and early 90's

The coin looks to be very clean and attractive. I see nothing in the images that would necessarily preclude an MS65 grade. That said, images usually mask flaws which can only be detected by tilting and rotating the coin under proper lighting.

I'm gonna say 64 - only cuz I'd like to see more 'pop' out of a 75-S gem.
Like the dipped white ones floating around? 893whatthe.gif

Oh, yes - I much prefer a white coin over lovely toning. I take a brillo brush to all my coins of provenance so they end up matching the rest of my set. makepoint.gif

Nope - it's just that the 75-S is the one date that really comes lustrous. It could be the pic, but the flow lines in the fields and the frost on the devices just don't appear to be quite gem quality to me.