• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I Collect....big pics beware...

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

being the new guy here and I figured the best way for you guys to get to know me and my taste is to see some of my coins smile.gif

enjoy smile.gif

elliptical clipped wheat cent

29xvyv5.jpg

3y62iav.jpg

brockage wheat cent

2m2b18j.jpg

3y4cl6v.jpg

4do4ygz.jpg

Broadstruck and off center wheat cents

4823p01.jpg

4d5205t.jpg

42xe3gw.jpg

4d7bgxg.jpg

that's just a little of my personal collection... I hope you like it smile.gif

Very cool, Dutch! Bob (supertooth) has a real neat double-struck Lincoln where the planchet rotated about 40 degrees between strikes.

Chris

I am fascinated by errors and wonder how they not only do they get out of the mint, but finding them! I can pick up errors from various sources, but I would love to find them. I am not talking about the extra trees in the Minnesota quarter or something like that. I would love to find a good brockage, clipped planchet, off metal strike in change!

Welcome to our community!

Scott hi.gif

I am fascinated by errors and wonder how they not only do they get out of the mint, but finding them! I can pick up errors from various sources, but I would love to find them. Scott hi.gif

Scott, I agree, it is quite exhilirating to find them on your own. That is why the 2001-D Kennedy I have on my sig line and the KS 25c from the 2005 Silver Proof Set have special meaning for me. I got them from the Mint. In both cases, it seems like it must have been a quirk of fate. The Kennedy is such a large coin that it should have stood out like a sore thumb, and I also thought that the quality control for the proof sets would have prevented that KS 25c from ever getting by. I know of only one other of the Kennedy's that exists and there appears to be only two other proof sets with the KS error (I originally had two of the sets but I gave one to a friend).

Chris