• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Displaying a 20th Century type Set?

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My grandfather gave me a 20th century type set 6 or 7 years ago. It was in one of those sorta cheap cardboard inserts in a glass and metal frame. To preserve the coins, which are not expensive but hold sentimental value, I've removed them to 2x2s. I'd like to reassemble the set in some sort of display where I can see all of the coins at once - perhaps in a nicer wall frame or something on my desk. Anyone out there have any ideas for that?

Thanks!

My grandfather has one... It's in a nice wooden frame, but still has a kinda cheap cardboard insert. On the good side, all the coins have very nice target toning, even the Ike!

I have the wooden one too just for display with OK coins - Good stuff is put away of course.

This is my Wall in my Home Office

1 - 20th Type set 1901 - 2000

2 - Royal Wedding Collection ( Princess Diane and BOZO )

3 - Mechantile Marine Stock Certificate ( Titanic )

Pictures suck but you get the picture ... hahaha very punny

1524923-wall.jpg

1524923-wall.jpg.3134b131b66639b5c72656b409733a8d.jpg

They have three difft ones on Brent Kreuger:

U.S. Twentieth Century Type Coins - 3 Cents (Indian, Lincoln, Memorial) 3 Nickels (Liberty, Buffalo & Jefferson) 3 Dimes (Barber, Mercury & Roosevelt) 9 Quarters (Barber, Standing Liberty, Washington, Bicentennial, DE, PA, NJ, GA, CT) 5 Half $ (Barber, Liberty Walking, Franklin, Kennedy & Bicentennial) 5 Dollars (Morgan, Peace, Eisenhower, Bicentennial & Anthony)

U.S. 20th Century Type Coins - 6 Cents (Indian, Lincoln, Steel, Shell Case, Memorial, Zinc) 4 Nickels (Liberty, Buffalo, Jefferson, Wartime Silver) 4 Dimes (Barber, Mercury, Roosevelt Silver, Clad) 10 Quarters (Barber, Standing Liberty, Washington Silver, Clad, Bicentennial, DE, PA, NJ, GA, CT) 7 Half $ (Barber, Liberty Walking, Franklin, Kennedy Silver .900, ,400, Clad, Bicentennial) 6 Dollars (Morgan, Peace, Eisenhower Silver, Clad, Bicentennial, Anthony)

U.S. 20th Century Type Coins - 7 Cents (Indian, Lincoln VDB, Wheat Ears, Steel, Shell Case, Memorial, Zinc) 6 Nickels (Liberty, Buffalo, No Mound, Jefferson, FS Initial, Wartime Silver) 4 Dimes (Barber, Mercury, Roosevelt Silver, Clad) 11 Quarters (Barber, Standing Liberty Exposed, Liberty Covered, Washington Silver, Clad, Bicentennial, DE, PA, NJ, GA, CT) 7 Half $ (Barber, Walking Liberty, Franklin, Kenned Silver .900 & .400, Clad, Bicentennial) 6 Dollars (Morgan, Peace, Eisenhower Silver, Clad, Bicentennial, Anthony) Illustration of Eagle Printed on Holder

You can get the Capital Plastics type coin holder at Brooklyn Gallery. I think they are a bit cheaper than others for this.

Sorry Zach, I don't shop with Brent Krueger. They're located in Maryland and I have to pay Maryland tax if I do business with them. I buy most of my supplies from Brooklyn Gallery and JP Corner in Missouri.

Scott hi.gif

Sorry Zach, I don't shop with Brent Krueger. They're located in Maryland and I have to pay Maryland tax if I do business with them. I buy most of my supplies from Brooklyn Gallery and JP Corner in Missouri.

Scott hi.gif

Nah, they're up here in Jersey, about an hour north of here. I'm the one who pays the taxes! tongue.gif