• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ellis Island - The thread for all the PCGS immigrants

60 posts in this topic

Hi All, although I have had dual citizenship for a while I have not posted much here (nor have I posted lately across the street). It was the bamming of condor that really made me come here. Although I don't personally know him he was on my list of members that always made me open a post when I saw they had posted. His numismatic knowledge is enviable and I always seemed to learn something. As for the attitude of other boards and the bashing, I don't feel bashing is warranted and usually don't get involved in these debates nor will I. I'm sure these boards will no longer be sleepy hollow and hope you long time board members will welcome/tolerate the many who will contribute (hopefully not detract) to these boards in the coming months.

cheers

Rob

It certainly does seem like a lot of people got whacked in the past few days across the street, and at least a few with no good reason that I'm aware of.

I think I'm gonna spend more time over here and less time over there.

While quite a few posts ATS authored by yours truly got axed, however my ID is still intact there but remains unused in protest except for PMs. I would expect my posts to increase here as a result...Mike

Count me as dual citizenship.... How they could bam CG and C101 yet leave MOC makes no sense to me. So I am broadening my horizons. Actually the nicest buffalo nickel I own is in an NGC holder. I just struggle with taking pictures of coins in the NGC holders for some reason? Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

"I'm in a dual citizenship phase. Haven't been banned yet." and Ditto for me too. The last time that I posted that I would like to have the banned guys be aloowed to come back because it was a total loss for the universe i.e. Coinguy1, condor, etc my thread disappeared. That pisses me off more than anything, that is a slam of a door in my face and obviously toward these great contributing guys. They are now sorely missed by all in the universe.

Dual citizenship, but don't post much in either forum these days. I now lurk about once every two months.

However, with Mark F. and Conder banned, this forum will become the main one.

How can you ban these guys???

PCGS is really getting paranoid.

I don't approve of the banning that went on at the PCGS forum. I also don't like David Hall's arrogant attitude. He thinks the forum over there doesn't bring in any profits for his company. Well he is wrong. Anyway, I really like this fourm. I just hope this forum continues to grow with good people and the posts will increase.

I am not bammed over there but if those I respect start posting here more then this is whare the knoweledge is. I guess I'll hang out more over here.

Edited for to much sangria at lunch. sorry.gif

I've been registered at both places (and about 4 or 5 other places!) for a long time, so I don't consider myself an immigrant. Most of my posts have been over there because I have friends there and we like to talk "Darkside", plus my "copper weenie" friends from EAC. I have read many threads here, mainly in the coin related forums, but rarely post here. The same can be said about the other places at which I'm a member - minimal posts, lots of reading.

I will do much more reading here because of a couple of new additions whose posts I ALWAYS enjoyed over there: Conder101 and Mark Feld.