• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotta love PCGS

80 posts in this topic

Oh man, how weird. The last comment I read in the thread before it got the gong was "Mark Who?" I just re-read the thread and that JamesEarly_US linked and that was the last comment in the thread.

Jerry

To all who have recently dropped in to take a peek, WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD! I hope you can stay a while, and best wishes to all for the holiday season.

Chris

With respect to you, they won't take anyone seriously in their protesting unless they're saying, "this was my last submission to PCGS until Mark's back." I'm sure they could care less that you're no longer posting.
A bigger statement may be to start removing all your coins from the PCGS Registry and moving them to the NGC Registry only, in addition to saying you're no longer going to send submissions to PCGS.
I'm glad to see that the ability to make comments without the facts is alive and well on this forum too. I thought that was only a PCGS Forum Perk™ wink.gif

As for "they" taking me seriously, the only "they" I care about is my conscious, Coinguy1, and all others who believe that writing intelligent, accurate, and informative posts should be allowed uncensored. I don't give a rat's tail about PCGS. They lost all credibility with me a long time ago. And because I buy the coin and not the holder (don't drink any kool-aid), my sets contain both PCGS and NGC graded coins, therefore they have been registered over here for years. smile.gif

That's fine. I wasn't trying to be unwelcoming. I should have probably written "I doubt that PCGS will take anyone seriously..." I'm not sure if the "making comments without the facts" was directed at me, but I'm in a forgiving mood tonight so I won't take any offense if it was. confused-smiley-013.gif

This is my first post here on NGC after years of being the WATCHER. I also support Mark Feld(coinguy1,TerrapinWill). I may be new posting here but not to the hobby! Thank you for everything you have done for the hobby!

AAJ

Cladiator, Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!

ComicAL, same Welcome to you!

((( Is it me or does it seem like this forum tends to be more polite and helpful with less rudeness? )))

Bruce, I completely agree.

Just a reminder, in case anybody is curious as to what the hubbub is all about, I archived the PCGS thread, and put a link in my first post of this thread (the sixth post overall). I got lucky, and was able to swipe it shortly before PCGS shot it down.

James

My suggestion would be for NGC to get a new server and gear up for increased activity.

Heck, Fla would beat the snot out of Cali any day, any time, anyway makepoint.gif

Go Gators yay.gif

Hello Folks----- Must admit that, I for one, am really in a bit of a shock over all of this. It's hard for me to believe all the ramifications from a 'single' event.

Must say that I personally am glad for "ALL" the knowledge that has moved here from ATS. And, sincerely hope to tap into that knowledge for the use of all of us. We can make this a positive thing here on our chat boards.

I repeat my welcome to all of you. Please consider sharing your knowledge about your series or current focus of interest for all of us----by doing a WYNTK thread that will be archived for all of us to use as we need it. Knowledge that you would like to leave behind for collectors. Just PM me and it's real easy.

Hope that NGC will do all that it can to help make our boards a better place for ALL of us. Thanks. Bob [supertooth]

• Administrator
I have to give NGC and Collectors Society credit... during the debate over the First Strike designation and other criticisms they did not threaten anyone nor have they been heavy handed and removed posts. I think there was one that was clearly inappropriate, but they are very tolerant of criticism, as long as you are polite about it.

Scott hi.gif

flowerred.gif

(borrowing Scott's post to make a quick point in general)

We do have rules of conduct here as well. They do not include shutting down reasonable debate and constructive criticism, but there are some guidelines of civility that are worth noting.

Thanks,

Arch

We do have rules of conduct here as well. They do not include shutting down reasonable debate and constructive criticism, but there are some guidelines of civility that are worth noting.

Don't worry about me, yes I tend to be critical at times (and it may not always be constructive) but I am almost always civil.