• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotta love PCGS

80 posts in this topic

I could see this forum benefiting greatly. I wonder if that could in some way increase demand for NGC graded coins?

I’m just curious as to how you think this forum could benefit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On the other hand I can only see it getting smarter grin.gif . hi.gif

I used to prefer the PCGS forums.

As of today, I find myself suddenly preferring this one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am glad that there are still people like Mark who will stand up for what they believe in!

-Amanda

In the spirit of all Mark believes in:

"I'll withhold judgement until we read both sides of the story."

i'll bet your not gonna' hear both sides of the story. with PCGS's arrogance, and the fact they are a publicly traded company, i doubt they'll respond. fine with me, i much prefer NGC anyway.

HI:)

Cladiator! hey, welcome! i post frequently on the PCGS darkside forum boards, and that forum is night and day's difference from their US coin forum; everyone is so helpful and polite. I like it better over here, i just wish we could get some more traffic on our darkside board. wanna' help out?

Doug

Is it me or does it seem like this forum tends to be more polite and helpful with less rudeness?

nope, not just you; i'd call it a "fact".

Some may state it as such... but some may not.

Hi guys,

I cannot believe that they would ban Mark for stating his opinions in his usual professional way. Heck- they should have banned me first because I sure stated my opinions in a much less professional way (leave me alone- I'm from Brooklyn smirk.gif ). They banned Mark to make a strong statement, not for any other reason.

It is really nice to come here and see so many familiar friendly faces and I look forward to meeting the new ones (new to me at least).

Hey Bruceswar, that is a deal as soon as I can figure out how to get a pic up over here. I tried last night in the bust thread, but it didn't work----I'll figure it out and thanks for the welcome.

Hey JR and Clad, welcome over here! hi.gif

Of course I'm guessing that you've lurked over here before today. We're looking forward to seeing your images here.

They seem to be in near-panic damage-control mode at PCGS these days. It's a shame, because they brought it upon themselves. As I said in my final post at that forum,

I sincerely hope that some of the more morally-steadfast among you are reconsidering your professional relationships with PCGS.

I had communicated with Mark last night before he posted this thread about his banning and I knew he was not happy but thought for sure he would just ride out the storm. When I saw his post this morning I nearly soiled my pants.

Here was my post across the street to Mark's thread.

Date Posted: Dec/06/2006 6:30 AM

Posted By: FatMan (Master Collector)

I am certainly more guilty than Mark in pointing out the flaws in PCGS's (et al) First Strike program(s). It is ashame that PCGS did not listen to the music sooner and now with their backs to the wall are banning one of the most thoughtful and intelligent contributors on the forum. I can never remember Mark bashing PCGS. However, he did speak frankly about the lack of merits of the program. Stating facts and statements of legal context by an educated lawyer is not bashing. Embarrassing to PCGS? Maybe. A bammable offense? Ridiculous.

With that said, this is my last post until Coinguy1 is re-instated with full rights to post his unfiltered contributions. I will monitor pm's and if for some reason my account gets closed I give Tassa or RYK permission to give out my email address upon request.

I hope to be posting soon, but if not I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Yeah, even the folks a PCGS.

Here is what I posted to the thread, reply 103, a few moments before it got pulled:

In case I have any credibility left, here is the rest of the story.......

I would say that you have more credibilty than most.

Thank you for making the world a better place.

-Amanda

That also happened to be my last post to the forum. I won't be posting over there until they realize their mistake.

-Amanda

With respect to you, they won't take anyone seriously in their protesting unless they're saying, "this was my last submission to PCGS until Mark's back." I'm sure they could care less that you're no longer posting. I suspect most people (I'm not including y'all) who are in an uproar now will be settled down and just grumbling while they post there by Christmas.

With respect to you, they won't take anyone seriously in their protesting unless they're saying, "this was my last submission to PCGS until Mark's back." I'm sure they could care less that you're no longer posting.
A bigger statement may be to start removing all your coins from the PCGS Registry and moving them to the NGC Registry only, in addition to saying you're no longer going to send submissions to PCGS.

With respect to you, they won't take anyone seriously in their protesting unless they're saying, "this was my last submission to PCGS until Mark's back." I'm sure they could care less that you're no longer posting.
A bigger statement may be to start removing all your coins from the PCGS Registry and moving them to the NGC Registry only, in addition to saying you're no longer going to send submissions to PCGS.

Guys I think we should welcome our new friends w/o any contingencies. They have already contributed some nice pictures and news. In my mind, I’m just glad to have them for as long as they care to stay thumbsup2.gif

I'm glad to see that the ability to make comments without the facts is alive and well on this forum too. I thought that was only a PCGS Forum Perk™ wink.gif

As for "they" taking me seriously, the only "they" I care about is my conscious, Coinguy1, and all others who believe that writing intelligent, accurate, and informative posts should be allowed uncensored. I don't give a rat's tail about PCGS. They lost all credibility with me a long time ago. And because I buy the coin and not the holder (don't drink any kool-aid), my sets contain both PCGS and NGC graded coins, therefore they have been registered over here for years. smile.gif

I agree with FatMan.

I never have submitted anywhere, I own a grand total of two PCGS coins and, as a lover of raw coins, this is unlikely to change.

I won't spend time at a place that treats my friends like that for politely and fairly expressing their views.

PCGS will niether notice nor care, but I will know that I am doing what I feel to be right.

-Amanda

PCGS will niether notice nor care, but I will know that I am doing what I feel to be right.
My suggestion was only if people wanted PCGS to care. Regardless of whether PCGS cares or not, I'm glad people have come across the street. Welcome and thanks for the great pics smile.gif