• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coins, Dogs, Carmel, Big Sur, and a red sunset.

14 posts in this topic

So I have an appointment with a couple of coin dealers in the Monterey, Ca area today. I get up early, do my morning doggie chores and I am on the road with two dogs in tow. I've done the 160 mile one way trip with ease, no worries, dogs are OK with long hauls. I get to the coin shop and I sell him every coin and currency with me for close to asking price. thumbsup2.gif Then he shows me a real surprise. A secret early commem with original paperwork from the US mint as the Xth coin struck. WOW. I have never seen this before. I want to buy it. smile.gif NFS. frown.gif Oh well, a bit of coin chat, off to next dealer to buy. Nothing much there. So time for trip home. I decide to take CA HWY 1, a long, windy coastal route home. I haven't been on it for over 7 years. Off the doggies and I go. BEAUTIFUL. We stopped in Carmel, Big Sur, Piedras Blancas, the old town of San Simon, which has very cool old structures and port from the 1800's. The dogs got to roam on the ocean shore. They peed at every stop and seemed to enjoy the trip more than I. Then the sun set a gorgeous ruby red into the calm Pacific Ocean.

A five star day!!!

TRUTH

A secret early commem with original paperwork from the US mint as the Xth coin struck. WOW. I have never seen this before. I want to buy it. smile.gif NFS. frown.gif

Knowing how my question could be answered, I am going ask it anyway poke2.gif

What was this coin that had you worked up?

Scott 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A secret early commem with original paperwork from the US mint as the Xth coin struck. WOW. I have never seen this before. I want to buy it. smile.gif NFS. frown.gif

Knowing how my question could be answered, I am going ask it anyway poke2.gif

What was this coin that had you worked up?

Scott 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't disclose the exact coin. However, it's a pre-1930's coin with paperwork from the superintendant of the mint. The signature is bonafide, since I have seen his signature on other mint documents of the era. I have never ever seen this paperwork and it's unique as far as I am concerned. I love US commem memorabilia and have extensive knowledge in this area. It was worth the drive alone.

TRUTH

Sounds like a wonderful day, but the story loses a lot of air with this: "A secret early commem..." yeahok.gif

Secret, schmecret. flamed.gif

Hoot

This summer i was in MORO Bay drove to Carmel beautfull drive.Saw my first elephant

seal and it was bigger than my ex wife but she's still growing.Would like to go again next year but take a bike.

This summer i was in MORO Bay drove to Carmel beautfull drive.Saw my first elephant

seal and it was bigger than my ex wife but she's still growing.Would like to go again next year but take a bike.

Who's still growing? The seal or the ex-wife? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Who's still growing? The seal or the ex-wife? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

You know, I didn't catch that until now. grin.gif

TRUTH

The SEAL of course I swear if i had known they just lie on the beach like that i would have asked the ex to come along she would fit right IN------OOOOOONONONONONO THE FLASH BACKS ARE STARTING AGAIN -next i'll start to hear can you still breath when i do this;/;/;;/;;takes my breath away or should i say squeezes it out of me