• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slab storage boxes

12 posts in this topic

I'm choosing a slab storage box to hold my PCGS and NGC slabs. From what I'm reading, Whitman and NGC boxes will hold both brands. Is there a big difference in quality that would justify me paying a three bucks more for the NGC box?

The intercept shield boxes hold both and are supposed to provide some protection. I keep my toners in them. Crusty busts are welcome to become crustier if they want to so I just keep them in my display case.

Michael:

I wrote about my new experiences with Whitman boxes after picking up new boxes in Baltimore. The boxes I bought have quality problems and I don't feel they are worth the price. Not only are they tight on the ends, but the new boxes with the felt inserts are wobbly and has issues with properly holding the slabs.

Buy the NGC boxes. They are better quality and will fit all slabs with no problems. I just bought an NGC box and am happy with it!!

You can find the NGC box for $8.95 plus shipping from JP's Corner in Missouri. Jerry and his crew are great people and worth purchasing from! They get thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif from me!

Scott hi.gif

Geeze - I'm looking around and it looks like it'll cost me something like $12-$13 for one NGC box. I'm not looking to spend a fortune for this. Anyone got a used one for sale cheap?

PD, I was just at the Santa Clara show, and after submitting a couple of coins for reslabbing at the NGC desk they offered me a free NGC box. So, if you're going to a show in the not too distant future that has an NGC booth at it you might see if you can get a freebie box.

Michael,

Call NGC customer service and buy the boxes directly from them.

I’ve done this a number of times in the past and never had a problem. It’s been a few years though and I don’t remember the price, but I know it was cheaper than I was able to find them elsewhere.

John

okie smart guy ngc box only as they hold properly hold pcgs and ngc coins

whitman does not cut it nor does pcgs for storage of both pcgs and ngc coins

got it

get it

good

I've got 4 boxes of the Intercept Shield things with the individual slab holders inside, and then I've got one track box that holds just about everything. I like them all a lot, especially versus plastic.