• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks Toledoblade.....

9 posts in this topic

for exposing coin crimes and corruption. A fitting conclusion.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/DEVELOPINGNEWS/311270006

Judge orders Noe to repay state $13.7 million

By MIKE WILKINSON

BLADE STAFF WRITER

Tim LaPointe, a key witness in the trial of his former boss, Tom Noe, avoided a long prison sentence this morning when prosecutors dropped the most serious charge he faced.

LaPointe pleaded guilty to three counts of tampering with records, which carry a maximum five-year prison term each.

Judge Charles Doneghy will sentence LaPointe on Jan. 8.

Meanwhile, Lucas County Judge Thomas Osowik told Noe's attorney that he is required to pay $13.7 million in restitution for the losses to the coin funds he managed for the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation.

Judge Osowik said the amount was undisupted by Noe's attorneys.

John Weglian, an assistant county prosecutor, said the amount was fair. That was the amount he stole, he said.

In addition to 18 years in prison, Judge Osowik ordered Noe last week to pay $213,000 in fines and pay nearly $3 million for the cost of the prosecution. Final tab: nearly $17 million.

Too bad it was a criminal charge instead of a civil proceeding. If it had been a civil case maybe he could have moved to florida and written a book.

I Didn't Steal But If I Had, This Is How I Would Have Done It.

Too bad it was a criminal charge instead of a civil proceeding. If it had been a civil case maybe he could have moved to florida and written a book.

There are enough coin criminals in Florida to write many of those books. Just give it time.

TRUTH

There are enough coin criminals in Florida to write many of those books. Just give it time.

Just a little edit... makepoint.gif

Scott hi.gif

There are enough <strike>coin</strike> criminals in Florida to write many of those books. Just give it time.

Just a little edit... makepoint.gif

Scott hi.gif

Being from the D.C. area, Scott, I wouldn't press the issue. I believe there are at least 535 criminals in D.C., and we pay for them to jaunt all over the world, pay their medical expenses and they don't have to contribute even a single, lousy dime for their own retirement.

Chris

Being from the D.C. area, Scott, I wouldn't press the issue. I believe there are at least 635 criminals in D.C., and we pay for them to jaunt all over the world, pay their medical expenses and they don't have to contribute even a single, lousy dime for their own retirement.

635? I know the House is 435 and the Senate is 100. Who are the other 100? boo.gif

If you are talking about the folks on the Hill and the ones down the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue, regardless of affiliation, I will not argue with you on that point!

But we have to be careful and not get into politics here! tonofbricks.gif

Scott hi.gif

Being from the D.C. area, Scott, I wouldn't press the issue. I believe there are at least 635 criminals in D.C., and we pay for them to jaunt all over the world, pay their medical expenses and they don't have to contribute even a single, lousy dime for their own retirement.

635? I know the House is 435 and the Senate is 100. Who are the other 100? boo.gif

If you are talking about the folks on the Hill and the ones down the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue, regardless of affiliation, I will not argue with you on that point!

But we have to be careful and not get into politics here! tonofbricks.gif

Scott hi.gif

Darn keypunch operator! You can't get good help anymore.

Chris