• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Bustie purchase, and photograph, and please guess the grade and attribution!

25 posts in this topic

I got this coin from Osburn (a REAL coin dealer), in the raw. I love it. I will be getting it holdered...if it holders (there is a gauge beneath the tip of the wing that is toned over). Thought you might enjoy this one, especially its attribution.

1506196-1809xxxobverse.JPG

1506197-1809xxxreverse.JPG

These are some really nice close-up pics Mike. What kind of camera are you using?

Winston, it's a nikon coolpix, I forget the number. I just blew up the reverse of the first set of photos above and then cropped out the area of interest.

Mike you know the coin is going to BB if you send it in with the Green stuff on it. Might wanna get that off.

Bruce, I'm not sure that the green is pvc residue, I think it's natural toning, but I guess I will soon find out...the coin goes in the mail today to the TPG.

By the way, Osburn is one of those few guys who will extend his guarantee to holdering by a TPG (I think NH coins does this too). So if it doesn't holder, I have the opportunity to return it to him.

uh oh...I didn't see that!!! frustrated.gif you really think it will bodybag???

edited to add: maybe it's someones jujube or something like that, and not PVC???

Well I have seen coins bag for less.. but if I was a betting man I bet it slabs. The pics do make that spot look pretty bad though. I hope it slabs for your sake.

fyi, pcgs graded it an AU 50. I thought it would be an easy 45, but there is quite a bit of luster (which, needless to say, doesn't show up in the photograph), and I suppose that's what kicked it up a notch.

edited to add: now hopefully, that's not a piece of pvc residue Bruce noticed, cause if it is, it can eat away ... I don't even want to think of it...