• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone use a coin cabinet?

9 posts in this topic

Coin cabinets like the ones at the link are beautiful, but how many collectors still use them? It seems that with today's worries about robberies, vapor damage, and slabbing, coin cabinets are no longer as popular as they once were. Anyone using a coin cabinet?

They really do look pretty, but I can't imagine myself ever putting anything in them. If I had one, it would simply be an attractive piece of small furniture.

It probably yells steal me to people you've invited into your home and thought were your friends.

For the most part, there are bigger giveaways as to whether someone is wealthy or not, like the type of house they live in or the kind of cars they have.

Beautiful selection of cabinets, but not enough variety in coin sizes, IMO. I also wonder how the finish on the mahogany would tone the coins over time 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Beautiful selection of cabinets, but not enough variety in coin sizes, IMO. I also wonder how the finish on the mahogany would tone the coins over time 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have seen an extraordinary coin collection housed in a wooden coin cabinet. This particular collector has his coins sealed in round capsules, and then they are placed in the cabinet. But like Tim, I would have an issue with the question of the wood and/or it's finish toning the coins.