• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many People Collect Franklins?

34 posts in this topic

Thank you Victor and Mike! 1958 is my birth year, so it's one I've tried to find truly superior examples of. Of the two coins the proof is actually by FAR the rarer coin. I've been collecting cameo Frankies since the late '80's, and, as you might imagine, I own a bunch of '58's. There was only one known 1958 die that produced MONSTER cameos, and it is estimated the die only produced 10 - 20 of them. I've been looking for one for seventeen years, and it was only last spring I FINALLY found one. cloud9.gif The reverse has a slight haze in the fields, but it still has awesome devices. The slight dot on the cheek of Ben in the image is actually an artifact of imaging, it does not exist on the coin.

Victor, I've got the complete set in cameo/deep cameo, but only have a couple coins imaged. Over the next year I'll try and get the rest imaged so you can check them out. Two of them were plate coins for Tomaska's book, "Cameo and Brilliant Proof Coinage of the 1950 to 1970 Era" if you've got it. The 1950 is plate #3 and the 1959 is plate #46.

Victor, I've got the complete set in cameo/deep cameo, but only have a couple coins imaged. Over the next year I'll try and get the rest imaged so you can check them out. Two of them were plate coins for Tomaska's book, "Cameo and Brilliant Proof Coinage of the 1950 to 1970 Era" if you've got it. The 1950 is plate #3 and the 1959 is plate #46.

I would most certainly love seeing images of them. Perhaps, at some point, I will pursue a collection myself.