• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Noe will be 70 years old when he gets out of prison.

5 posts in this topic

Will Bernadette wait for him? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061120/BREAKINGNEWS/61120015

Noe is sentenced to 18 years in state prison.

By STEVE EDER and MIKE WILKINSON

BLADE STAFF WRITERS

Tom Noe, convicted last week on 29 charges for stealing from Ohio's $50 million rare-coin fund, was sentenced to 18 years in state prison and ordered to pay fines and restitution, by Judge Thomas Osowik this morning in Lucas County Courthouse.

Well when do you think the state of Ohio will start collecting the coins this crook stole or sold.Does everybody know where the coin's in there collections came from.Could be some interesting knocks on some people's doors.LIKE---Hello I'M from the state of Ohio and it seems we need to talk????

Well when do you think the state of Ohio will start collecting the coins this crook stole or sold.Does everybody know where the coin's in there collections came from.Could be some interesting knocks on some people's doors.LIKE---Hello I'M from the state of Ohio and it seems we need to talk????

They already sold the coins to Spectrum Numismatics, who guaranteed the state a $7.5 million return. You can read my write-up here.

Spectrum did not create a special auction, per se. These coins were mixed in with other auctions so as to not cause a stir. There was no report as to the final prices for these coins.

Considering the issues, this was the best deal Ohio could have made at the time.

Scott hi.gif