• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little show was a BIG SUCCESS for me!

15 posts in this topic

The Ft. Myers Coin Club has a monthly show during the winter season, and I decided to go to see what was to be had. There are only 30 or so tables set up at the Elks Club on Park Meadows Drive. I didn't know what time they opened, and I had to go to work in the late afternoon. So, I got there a little too early, 9AM, and they didn't open until 10AM. It was worth the wait. I was only there about 15 minutes when I bought my first coin.

'85-O ANACS MS64DMPL

James, if you are looking in, I'd like to introduce you to the big sister of the '98-O, ANACS MS63DMPL that I bought from you a while back. This coin is nearly identical with just a tad more golden toning on the rim.

1494196-IMG_1178.JPG1494196-IMG_1180.JPG

'88 ANACS MS64 VAM-11 Doubled Ear Top 100

This one makes my third "Top 100". Now, I only need the other 87. I really love the golden tinge on the rim.

1494196-IMG_1182.JPG1494196-IMG_1183.JPG

'81-S

Would anyone care to guess the grade on this PCGS rattler?

1494196-IMG_1184.JPG1494196-IMG_1186.JPG

'82-CC NGC MS63

Now, I would imagine that someone is going to call me crazy because I recently bought a 19-coin roll of '82-CC. Why in the heck does he need another one? Four of those were sent to Leroy Van Allen for attribution, and they came back as VAM-3B. It was just discovered last June and VAM-6 has been eliminated and became VAM-6A. Well, this one graded by NGC was not attributed and is also a VAM-3B. It has the die clash with the "n" from the motto visible to the left of Liberty's neck.

1494196-IMG_1187.JPG1494196-IMG_1188.JPG

'83 Raw

I'm just a sucker for this golden toning and this one has a beautiful, irridescent blue "accent ring" around the rim.

1494196-IMG_1191.JPG1494196-IMG_1192.JPG

'02 Raw

Another nicely toned one.

1494196-IMG_1193.JPG1494196-IMG_1194.JPG

'78 8TF Raw

This one is unbelievable! The obverse is DMPL. The "7" has been repunched. Stars 1 & 2 on the right are tripled. Stars 1 & 2 on the left are doubled. There appears to be doubling in her hair. "LIBERTY" is doubled. On the reverse, there is doubling on the legend and the motto, and the leaves of the wreath on the left are STRONGLY doubled. I haven't been able to determine the variety for this one. I bought a stereomicroscope with a camera attachment that should arrive any day. I'll try to bring up some high res pics as soon as I can

1494196-IMG_1197.JPG1494196-IMG_1198.JPG

'28-S

Like I said, I'm a sucker for golden toning and this one was dirt cheap.

1494196-IMG_1195.JPG1494196-IMG_1196.JPG

Well, I sure had fun yesterday. I hope you enjoy the images. By the way, I don't get upset if any of you choose to examine the images, critically. I've got a thick skin. Besides, I didn't buy them for you.

Chris

1494196-IMG_1196.JPG.fbc6e998d32f1523f99c05769df3870d.JPG

Did you buy them for me 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Let me clarify my last statement. I didn't buy them for anyone but ME!

But, if it will make you feel any better, if I ever decide to part with any of them, I will let you know.

Chris

heheh It was a Joke Chris smile.gif

You know a Funny HAHA ,,a Jest

laugh.gif

What? You couldn't tell by my reply that I had just fallen out of my chair in laughter. I just realized how hard it is to type while I'm sitting on the floor.

Chris

I was told you were the blind one handed wonder ... Typing from the floor after falling by numerous causes self inflicted or otherwise

sign-funnypost.gif

'78 8TF Raw

This one is unbelievable! The obverse is DMPL. The "7" has been repunched. Stars 1 & 2 on the right are tripled. Stars 1 & 2 on the left are doubled. There appears to be doubling in her hair. "LIBERTY" is doubled. On the reverse, there is doubling on the legend and the motto, and the leaves of the wreath on the left are STRONGLY doubled. I haven't been able to determine the variety for this one. I bought a stereomicroscope with a camera attachment that should arrive any day. I'll try to bring up some high res pics as soon as I can

Chris

Sounds like this one,,,Which I have been hunting for for a while now.

By the way, I don't get upset if any of you choose to examine the images, critically. I've got a thick skin. Besides, I didn't buy them for you.

Great quote!! smile.gif

All of the coins are very sweet. The Peace dollar has nice even toning but my favorite is probably the 1878 with the 1882 CC standing out because of the sexy mint mark. Very nice pick ups, Chris! thumbsup2.gif

'78 8TF Raw

Chris

Sounds like this one,,,Which I have been hunting for for a while now.

MM, I don't know if it is or not. Your reference article mentions that the date is doubled, but to me, it looks more like the "7" has been repunched after being tilted slightly to the left. If it were the same, I think they would have mentioned the tripled and doubled stars and the strong doubling on the wreath. I hope I get that microscope soon.

Chris

PS. The seller wasn't even aware of the variety. Don't ask me how much I paid for this one. I don't want to hear you cry.