• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Britannias - what's the skinny?

33 posts in this topic

I talked to a UK dealer on eBay who says that the Royal Mint has already supplied dealers with bulk lots of the 2007 Britannias and that he's already shipped numerous coins out. He says that the Royal Mint is really slack about putting the new coins up for sale on their site. I guess that's the latest skinny. smile.gif

When I get one of those, I'm going to have to size down my new banner frown.gif

I talked to a UK dealer on eBay who says that the Royal Mint has already supplied dealers with bulk lots of the 2007 Britannias and that he's already shipped numerous coins out. He says that the Royal Mint is really slack about putting the new coins up for sale on their site. I guess that's the latest skinny. smile.gif

When I get one of those, I'm going to have to size down my new banner frown.gif

I have been in contact with the Royal Mint trying to get information on the Silver Britannia coins. After we got passed the suspicion as to why I wanted the information, I asked about purchasing 2007 coins. I was told that the Royal Mint was shipping bullion (not proof) coins the last week of 2006 to UK dealers. Shipping began last week to EU dealers. Shipping to US and other world dealers will begin once the UK & EU shipments are completed.

As part of my conversation with the Royal Mint, I have a commitment from them for mintage information on the silver Britannia coins. I will also be sent the information on the gold Britannia, so I may create a gold Britannia page. Stay tuned!

Scott hi.gif

Just got the following message from the Royal Mint:

I can confirm that the 2007 Silver Bullion Britannia will be available

within the next 10-14 days and the 2007 Silver Proof Britannia will be

available Mid August.

May I suggest you monitor the website over the next few months.