• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye Bye Tom Noe, see you in 10 years.

15 posts in this topic

hi.gif

news.gif

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061113/BREAKINGNEWS/311130003

THE VERDICT

Noe guilty of 29 felony counts

Convictions include racketeering, theft, forgery

Tom Noe, left, his wife Bernadette, background, and defense lawyer Bill Wilkinson as the verdicts are read.

By MIKE WILKINSON

and STEVE EDER

BLADE STAFF WRITERS

Tom Noe, the once high-flying *spoon* financier who went from college dropout to millionaire coin dealer, was found guilty today of stealing money from the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation and using the cash to erase debts and buy and furnish million-dollar homes.

2 years ... after he's pardoned by W.

Dubya can only pardon him for the federal conviction for violating campaign laws. This trial was in state court. Dubya has no jurisdiction.

Noe is supposed to server 27 months in the federal pen for the feds. I don't know if he'll serve the federal sentence first or the Ohio sentence first. Either way, they will not be concurrent. If the feds get him first, he could be let out in 15 months and then sent to Ohio for that sentence. That would not be much time for Dubya to pardon him.

Either way, Noe is going to jail... and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif

Scott B. is correct.

The presidential power to pardon is granted under Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution.

"The President ... shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

The Governor of the state of Ohio can grant pardons for state offenses, which will be most unlikely in this case.

TRUTH

Most of those guys go to Dambury FedPen in Danbury Connecticut .Most of the inmates

there are out during the day READY they work for the small busness administration showing people how to run a busness.It's the only FED prison with paddle boats it's on a lake. Now That's Hard Time.

Most of those guys go to Dambury FedPen in Danbury Connecticut .Most of the inmates

there are out during the day READY they work for the small busness administration showing people how to run a busness.It's the only FED prison with paddle boats it's on a lake. Now That's Hard Time.Went there twice for class trip both times there was nobody there .Guard said they were out during the day

This thread gets my official 1488069-rolleyes.gif

I find all of this gloating to be very tacky. Truthteller needs to get a life and quit reveling in the downfall of others. How George Bush's name even manages to get dragged into this is beyond me - are liberals so desperate to crucify the man that he even gets the blame for things he has absolutely nothing to do with? Noe committed some crimes and he's going to prison for them. His life and his families are practically wrecked and a lot of people are suffering as a result, yet everybody here can think of nothing better to do that glory in the pain of others. That's very distasteful to me and doesn't show a lot of class. A number of posters here are losing my respect by participating in this tar-and-feathering mob.

1488069-rolleyes.gif.5399ff2c075977bbd6478712eeaa5653.gif

I find all of this gloating to be very tacky. Truthteller needs to get a life and quit reveling in the downfall of others. How George Bush's name even manages to get dragged into this is beyond me - are liberals so desperate to crucify the man that he even gets the blame for things he has absolutely nothing to do with? Noe committed some crimes and he's going to prison for them. His life and his families are practically wrecked and a lot of people are suffering as a result, yet everybody here can think of nothing better to do that glory in the pain of others. That's very distasteful to me and doesn't show a lot of class. A number of posters here are losing my respect by participating in this tar-and-feathering mob.

Umm... Tom Noe pleaded guilty to 3 counts of campaign finance violations in September as part of raising money for the Bush campaign in Ohio. These are felony convictions and carry a 27 month prison sentence. That's how George Bush's name is "dragged" into this.

Nobody is dragging or bashing anyone. His conviciton on federal charges are a fact!

Scott yeahok.gif

Okay, I'll concede that point. I haven't been following the details with significant interest. I still maintain there's a certain degree of schadenfreude present in some of these posts, but whatever floats y'all's boat. confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, I'll concede that point. I haven't been following the details with significant interest. I still maintain there's a certain degree of schadenfreude present in some of these posts, but whatever floats y'all's boat. confused-smiley-013.gif

No... it's rejoicing in seeing that justice is served. Noe was convicted for fraud and bilking the $50 million rare coin fund of the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation, who is responsible to provide benefits to injured workers. When his scam was uncovered, there were less than $20 million in rare coins left and he was accused of personally pocketing $10-15 million. Testimony in the trial revealed that he was using the fund as his personal checkbook!

Noe not only stole money from the State of Ohio and money that would benefit injured workers, but he could have damaged an industry which the non-collecting and investor public is weary of because of the rise in prices--a case of one bad apple spoiling the bunch! On top of that he had joined the "culture of corruption" that has been uncovered over the last few years. He may not have been like Jack Abramoff, but he broke the law and he was doing it for the GOP.

Schadenfreude? No. I think we're delighted that justice will be served to a bad man!

Scott smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

No... it's rejoicing in seeing that justice is served. Noe was convicted for fraud and bilking the $50 million rare coin fund of the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation, who is responsible to provide benefits to injured workers. When his scam was uncovered, there were less than $20 million in rare coins left and he was accused of personally pocketing $10-15 million. Testimony in the trial revealed that he was using the fund as his personal checkbook!

Noe not only stole money from the State of Ohio and money that would benefit injured workers, but he could have damaged an industry which the non-collecting and investor public is weary of because of the rise in prices--a case of one bad apple spoiling the bunch! On top of that he had joined the "culture of corruption" that has been uncovered over the last few years. He may not have been like Jack Abramoff, but he broke the law and he was doing it for the GOP.

Schadenfreude? No. I think we're delighted that justice will be served to a bad man!

Scott smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif