• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good material on auction

16 posts in this topic

Of late, I think the general sentiment was that there was a paucity of good material available for dealers and collectors to buy. The Baltimore related auctions look quite good however. ANR had some mighty fine stuff, and the BM auction, I think, has some really really nice coins in several categories.

I've been to the Boston show many times and just hate the Radisson Hotel that they hold it at because the ceilings seem to be only a shade over six feet high for the bourse and the floor layout is like a maze.

I've been to the Boston show many times and just hate the Radisson Hotel that they hold it at because the ceilings seem to be only a shade over six feet high for the bourse and the floor layout is like a maze.

I’m sure that Tom has been to this one many more times than myself. His description of the event is dead-on. I’m a little surprised by Tom’s hatred of the Radisson hotel, he is usually so forgiving of the little things wink.gif . I would have added that the show is quite large and I’m not even sure how many tables there are. I would be quite surprised if you didn’t find at least a couple of coins that you would like to own.

I don’t own a car, but driving in Boston is always an issue as is parking. I don’t know of any places to park that are less than $20/day.

It will be my first so it will be a trip for me smile.gif - As far as driving I have a business associate that has a Limo sevice smile.gif .. I may be dropped off at the hotel and be picked up few days later ... we will see how the fundage goes ...

I would probably go in looking for one thing that I simply will not overpay for on Ebay as I get outbid again a 1879cc Capped. It will fill a hole in my registry then I can move on ... Someone outbid me on a VF for over 300 dollars and I wont go there for THAT coin. Keep my fingers crossed ..

Where will these margaritas be smile.gif

At the Ware residence on Friday night. I live across the common from the Radison. It's maybe a 10 minute walk 15 tops. I was just thinking that if I bumped into a couple folks from the board it might be fun to go back and a have a margartita, talk about the coins we bought, talk about the coins we wanted to buy etc...

There is only one rule at Ware residence - No calling toned coins "rotting" wink.gif

I don't. I'm 30. My wife is going back to school at night to get her MBA at BU so we don't have the time that I would like to devote to children right now. We do have a dog and a cat however.

At the Ware residence on Friday night. I live across the common from the Radison. It's maybe a 10 minute walk 15 tops. I was just thinking that if I bumped into a couple folks from the board it might be fun to go back and a have a margartita, talk about the coins we bought, talk about the coins we wanted to buy etc...

If you go by Winston's house first for the Margarettas you may not have to worry about the low ceilings you can just crawl through there on the floor with Winston and Mike. grin.gif

No worries. My plan is to go to the show and make some margaritas after the show. If no one can make it I’ll just chat up the wife about the show. If a few people can make it then that would be cool also. If there are a bunch of us we may want to go to a bar – my place isn’t the biggest place. Regardless of what happens or who can come, I’m going to have a good time so don’t sweat it thumbsup2.gif

Just joking with you Winston grin.gif

I know. I was just saying. Regardless of what happens or who can make it - it'll be a good time. I never have a bad time when break out the Patron...ever thumbsup2.gif