• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any info please????

19 posts in this topic

how much should this cost??

Includes BU 1878S Morgan Dollar, 1923 P Peace Dollar, 1903 Indian Cent, 1950D & 64D Cent; 1883 NC Liberty, 1937P Buffalo, & 1964D Jefferson Nickels; 1912P Barber, 41D Mercury, & 64D Roosevelt Dimes; 1907P Barber, 1930P Standing Liberty, & 64D Washington Quarters; 1899P Barber, 41D Walking Liberty, 50D Franklin, & 64D Kennedy Half Dollars

picture is not the best u can get the idea of the coins grades..

2027wn8.jpg

It's probably just the lighting, but the Barber half looks either to be a proof or has been polished. I would doubt that a proof would be included, so would lean toward a problem coin in that slot. If they are truly MS then I would guesstimate value somewhere between MS60 and MS63, but would keep the number much close to MS60.

$850 is far more than they are worth, in my opinion, and if you thought that level was a good deal then you were very fortunate to have not been around when they were sold. Consider yourself lucky and learn a bit more before losing money.

Woah, who would pay $850 for that thing??? I was thinking $175 max.

You are mistaken. $175.00 Please sell me every set you have. The Barber Half Alone in MS 60 is $475.00

there finally something worth a response. I know the coin dealer it was mckee coins they are having the one of their kagin sales right now on ebay live auctions and I still say 850.oo was a great deal because even in ms 60 these coins book'd for over 1k-1.1k so heck yea great deal!! thumbsup2.gif from talking to owen at mckees these coins were ms63 + so hell of a deal..

In MS60 these coins have a bid price of less than $800 and I doubt that the Barber half dollar was a problem-free coin. While Chad's post was ill-informed, the selling price was likely beyond what the coins are worth.

Fact of sale was $850. Beyond that, we are left with a blury image of a type set and a poster who has to ask what the coins are worth. You may derive your own conclusions.

big deal i asked thats not at all a problem it is good idea to ask not just buy like a know it all I would rather have opions in nice investments such as this one would have been so thanks agian for your opion..

k you are allowed your own opinion an I am stating fact of sale..

Thats why coins are so great we can all have our own opinions. Tom is likely correct on the Barber. Not many MS Barbers floating raw around there. Many are there for a reason. I hope the bidder got a killer deal. Congrats if he did.

You are mistaken. $175.00 Please sell me every set you have. The Barber Half Alone in MS 60 is $475.00

i was saying that I wouldn't want to pay $850 for it. Not that it was only worth $175, but that is all I would be willing to pay for it, no matter how much the half dollar, or any other coin, is worth on its own.

i was saying that I wouldn't want to pay $850 for it. Not that it was only worth $175, but that is all I would be willing to pay for it, no matter how much the half dollar, or any other coin, is worth on its own.

Then you sir would not be in the market at all on these coins. No matter what you think they are worth you are forced to pay what the market dictates if you want the coins.

Then you sir would not be in the market at all on these coins. No matter what you think they are worth you are forced to pay what the market dictates if you want the coins.

Exactly. I'm not in the market for these coins. That's why I wouldn't pay market prices for them.

I've seen these eBay live auctions and while I am not familiar with this lot, it does not make sense to me to buy from this seller unless the coins sell for at least 15% below FMV. That is what the buyer's fee is and I have no idea why anyone would want to pay it. Everything that I have seen listed there is common dealer inventory that can be found elsewhere.

Unless I personally knew the seller - and knew him well - I'd stay away from this auction. The image sucks, plain and simple. There's no way of knowing what you're getting for sure. For me, not being able to get an even half-decent look at a set of coins precludes my being able to grade them and determine a value. Perhaps others are able to see beyond the blurry, cruddy photos and grade accordingly.

Add to that the fact that (to my eye) the Buffalo (especially), Barber half, and (maybe) liberty half look pretty shiny - - well, it makes me wonder about the surface quality of the coins (i.e. were they buffed up?) My personal opinion also happens to be that if you're already selling on eBay, adding a buyer's premium or whathaveyou is just another way to rip more money from the buyer's wallet and I find that distasteful.

That said, good luck to whomever buys it. I hope they get a killer deal and problem free coins.