• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Firsts for Me...

10 posts in this topic

It has been a good weekend that started early. On Friday, I received a package from the US Mint with a new coin. A fantastic new coin. Here's my new coin:

Buffalo50obv-1.jpg Buffalo50rev-1.jpg

IMAGES WERE FIXED!

To save on bandwidth, the above images are were scaled to for posting. Click the image to see them in their larger form!

This is my first gold coin over one-tenth of an ounce of gold. It is also my first attempt at taking pictures of a coin! I bought a mini-tripod on Saturday and now understand the lighting issues that I will have to work on. But for a first attempt, I think it is pretty good!

If you want to read the full story, you can see my blog entry. (shameless plug acclaim.gif)

Scott hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif All I see are two little red X's, but you seem very happy, so congratulations on whatever it was you bought. thumbsup2.gif

John

Ditto! yeahok.gif

Hoot

893scratchchin-thumb.gif All I see are two little red X's, but you seem very happy, so congratulations on whatever it was you bought. thumbsup2.gif

Sorry about the images... I tried to save some storage and bandwidth and the way I went about it did not work. I transferred the images to another site for display here.

Scott hi.gif