• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doctored photo or what??

7 posts in this topic

I have no affiliation with this person, but I was just looking around on eBay and found this coin, to me this photo looks very doctored or something. Does this coin look a little funny to anyone else? I can really say I would not purchase this coin because of this picture any opinions please... D

heres link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1933-D-LINCOLN-CENT-...1QQcmdZViewItem

kinda looks photoshopped or somin..

That looks like a somewhat mushy strike on a cleaned AU coin that is already way over priced at the current bid. I don't see anything that looks like a photoshop job though.

Yea definitely cleaned and over priced but on the Rev. it just to me looked like it was touched up or something probably jus looks like that from the cleaning... In other words it just didn't look right and I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me saying it. Thanks for reply.

My opinion is that the images are slightly out of focus and have harsh light coming from one angle.

I agree.

Could this coin be laquered?

There is nothing about the images that would make me think so.

John

Just from the image I really don't see how someone can say it's cleaned or much else about the coin.

I don't see anything that makes me think the image was doctored, but maybe he should have to make it look something like the coin. smile.gif