• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Presidential Dollar Program

9 posts in this topic

You can read more about the Presidential $1 Program on my blog (shamess plug acclaim.gif). I wrote about it last year when the bill was passed and just before the president signed it into law.

Scott hi.gif

That will be true if they do not discontinue the $1 FRN. I think the US is the only country that still produces its unit currency in paper. We're such a progressive nation! flamed.gif893whatthe.gif

Scott screwy.gif

I think it's a misconception that SBA dollars are stacked up in vaults somewhere. If that was the case, I doubt that they would have found the 1999 strikes necessary. They're probably just rolled up with quarters. wink.gif I similarly doubt that is the case for Sacs as well, as that only ones really put out in circulation numbers were 2000-2001.

This past weekend, I purchased stamps at a Postal Service vending machine. For a $4.50, I received four Sac Dollars and an SBA dollar. The SBA was dated 1999 and the Sac dollars 2002-2003. I used the Sac dollars to purchase additional stamps and spent the SBA dollar somewhere else. grin.gif

Scott hi.gif

The USPS announced recently that they would be removing the postage machines from all of their facilties because it hasn't been profitable. Now, what will the government do with all of those SBA's and Sac's that can't be used for anything except bar pool tables?

Chris