• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VAM Updates?.........I know, not again!

3 posts in this topic

I just purchased a 19-coin "roll" of 1882-CC Morgans from a friend and fellow collector. All of them had the VAM-3 "Low C" mintmark. I gather that this is fairly common. I'm posting one that has a nice golden tone on the obverse. Sorry, my photography skills are still lacking because of lousy lighting.

1436040-IMG_1046.JPG1436040-IMG_1044.JPG

There are two of the 19 that I think I should submit to Leroy Van Allen for attribution. Before I do, I thought I'd ask if any of you know if the updates list the 1882-CC with strong reverse doubling on "In God We Trust", "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA", "ONE DOLLAR", the "CC" mintmark and parts of the wreath.

Thanks,

Chris

1436040-IMG_1044.JPG.325cbe1cb90db8dce30291d6d1d388ac.JPG

Thanks, Bruce! Another of the coins is DMPL and should grade 64, but I think it needs a dip. I've never done this before, and I wonder if it would harm the appearance of the coin. I don't even know which solution to use or if I would need tongs to immerse it. Is a solution like acetone harmful to the skin? If anyone has any answers for me, please "chime in".

Thanks!

Chris