• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What kind of Error is this??

8 posts in this topic

Post mint made...the words are reversed and backwards...take a host coin...take an anvil coin...place together...get a wood board...get a hammer...and Voila...

Post mint made...the words are reversed and backwards...take a host coin...take an anvil coin...place together...get a wood board...get a hammer...and Voila...

I agree with you on this one... Here is something else to think about.... Why would a coin of this magnitude circulate so long before it got picked out of circulation.

I agree that it is post-mint made. Notice that the date is incuse on one side. That could not have come from the die, since the date on the die is incuse. The only way it could have resulted in an incuse date is if it was struck with another coin with a raised date.

Chris

I also agree with post mint damage. For further confirmation of this, look at the rims. They are all messed up like someone took a hammer to the thing. I would like to add that this is about the corroded, PVC riddled coin I'v seen in quite some time.