• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Image Size

48 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've noticed a few newer members (and some older ones) have some big honkin' images in their signatures. We all enjoy seeing your creativity and coins, but I'd like to kindly remind those of you who don't know (or forgot) the board's policy on signature image size (from the FAQ):

Is there a limit to signature image size?

We ask that you keep your images relatively small. As a rule, please do not exceed 125 x 600 pixels and/or 35k for a signature image. This will ensure that the forums load quickly for all users.

Michael, in all seriousness, if you think mine is too big, I'll sell the Kennedy Mint Error................................................................ but the train and the tribute to my Mom & Dad stay.

Chris

Naw, Chris - considering I already made you change it once, I don't think I could complain. wink.gif I honestly wasn't thinking of yours when I wrote the original post.

I did,however play around with your sig images and combine them into one, which you're welcome to use if you like. I thought you might like a change.

1425198-chris_sig.jpg

1425198-chris_sig.jpg.a324477a446a4129979a445c14aca9ce.jpg

• Administrator

Small signatures are generally a good idea. Regardless, this is always an option:

Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts

Yes No

Arch, would that option apply to all users uniformly, or could we customize it on a per-user basis? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I would definitely customize it to avoid seeing the animated siglines, which I consider distracting.

I don’t care nearly as much about size in a signature lines as I do about animated gifs. I find those distracting and annoying.

That is why I removed my animated spider, it seemed distracting to me. sorry.gif

Naw, Chris - considering I already made you change it once, I don't think I could complain. wink.gif I honestly wasn't thinking of yours when I wrote the original post.

I did,however play around with your sig images and combine them into one, which you're welcome to use if you like. I thought you might like a change.

1425198-chris_sig.jpg

Michael, that looks much, much better, but I am a doofus when it comes to changing these things. What would I have to do?

Chris

I certainly don’t want to criticize any ones style, but I am willing to comply with what ever the administrator recommends. thumbsup2.gif

Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts

Yes No (Doesn't bother me)

Chris,

1) Click on "My Home" at the top of the screen

2) Under Main Configuration >> Personal Information, email, etc.., click "edit"

3) Scroll down to the "signature" box

4) Insert "<image]http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments//1425198-chris_sig.jpg[/image>" where you want the image to go

(BUT YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE '<' to a '[' and the '>' to a ']' - I just put the <>'s in so the code would display for you to see it in this post)

Delete the other two image tags from your old photos

5) Click 'Preview' to see if it looks right. A new window or tab will open to show you your new sig.

6) Important: When you're done, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'submit'

You should be done!

• Administrator
Arch, would that option apply to all users uniformly, or could we customize it on a per-user basis? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I would definitely customize it to avoid seeing the animated siglines, which I consider distracting.

Well, that would block everything. Although if you have firefox you can install AdBlock and block individual images by right-clicking them. That's not a board feature, though.

Chad, do you think we could at least get some photos of monkeys? I don’t want to turn my signatures off, many people have worked hard on their signature sets or websites and I enjoy seeing those. The animated monkeys are a bit of a distraction.

1425198-chris_sig.jpg

Chris, I've considered tweeking your sigline myself but I like the way Pendragon made the NGC slab match the Reno train.

Very classy!

Chad, do you think we could at least get some photos of monkeys? I don’t want to turn my signatures off, many people have worked hard on their signature sets or websites and I enjoy seeing those. The animated monkeys are a bit of a distraction.

Get the Adblock that Arch reccomended. As far as I know, Chad doesn't have a sig line.

Beat you to it! Most of it was just black space on the top and bottom.

1426131-Amanda_sig.jpg

Thanks. I like the ratio with the black space, so I just resized mine the way it was. smile.gif

-Amanda