• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1807 Capped Bust half, small stars: attribution confirmation, opinions please!

68 posts in this topic

Here is another AU 50 1807 coming to the next Heritage Auction.

http://coins.heritageauctions.com/common...;hdnSearch=true

Although I wouldn't want to pay much more than $1300 for this one. Nowhere near as nice as I would want.

I like your attitude about 1807 pricing, leaves more 1807s for me to buy. Without any Heritage description yet, and assuming Heritage does not describe any problems, I guess this O-112 1807 will go for $2400-2800.

Here is another AU 50 1807 coming to the next Heritage Auction.

http://coins.heritageauctions.com/common...;hdnSearch=true

Although I wouldn't want to pay much more than $1300 for this one. Nowhere near as nice as I would want.

I like your attitude about 1807 pricing, leaves more 1807s for me to buy. Without any Heritage description yet, and assuming Heritage does not describe any problems, I guess this O-112 1807 will go for $2400-2800.

I look at it as if I am buying to a picture, and the picture is not that appealing, there is no way I chase it to max dollars, and this, by the picture, is not something I would chase (compared to the one that this thread started on...).

That said, the current one at auction is now at $2,610 (which was the reserve)...

Frankly, unless I have money to burn (and I don't), I would rather wait for a nice VF-EF coin rather than spend all that money on an AU.

This Heritage coin went for almost 5K with the juice. This is about what I expected when I mentioned earlier it would probably go for more. I also feel IF this coin was nicer, it might have gone higher. I didn't like the coin and had no intention to go after it.

And here is one of my O-114 examples in a "40" holder, for now wink.gif and it does NOT have hairlines like the one in the Heritage auction. Hmmmmm might need to do something about this one.

1807_LS2.jpg

The R-3 rating adds more to these older dates than on some of the later ones, that's for sure.

And what happened to the speculation that the market was slowing down and people were out of money to spend on coins (that silly Coin World article)?

And here is one of my O-114 examples in a "40" holder, for now wink.gif and it does NOT have hairlines like the one in the Heritage auction. Hmmmmm might need to do something about this one.

1807_LS2.jpg

stman I like that 1807 very much.