• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thing...............some of Mom's artwork.

49 posts in this topic

Yes not to railroad this post.. There are some great pictures... And sure I do.

I will PM you Bruce ..

What a doofus .. I forgot your the music store guy frown.gif Sorry sometimes information just goes in one ear and out the other.

Chris.....what can I say that hasn't already been said???

Thanks, Shane, Mom really enjoyed meeting you at FUN!

Your mom is very talented and it's a shame it didn't rub off..... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

As many times as I've kidded you about the "coinhead" sperm, I guess I had that coming.

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

stooges.gif

That's okay, Shane, you are a decent guy in spite of what everyone says about you.

Chris

Wow. Those pieces are absolutely stunning! And it clearly shows that she had skill in many different disciplines and mediums. Thank you for sharing with us. smile.gif

My favorite has to be "Crabbing?" as well, I was born in New England and have many happy memories of crabbing.

Thank you again for sharing your mom's work with us.

-Amanda

Thanks, Amanda. Our family grew up in Maryland, and we had a summer home in Ocean City. Like Bob, supertooth , we are very familiar with "crab heaven".

Chris

Nothing more to Say than WOW! A true range of work. I happen to like the stylistic work on the Hot Air Balloon Painting. Thanks for sharing!

Bruce, if you're not familiar with "batik", I will try to explain it as best I can. Instead of using a canvas, you use a cotton material slightly heavier than a bedsheet. You apply molten wax as an outline for a particular element. You allow the wax to harden and then apply the dye. The wax prevents the dye from "bleeding" into others areas of the cloth. When the dye has dried, you reheat the wax so that it drips through and off of the cloth. You repeat the waxing process for each color and/or element. Sometimes you may want to overlap colors so that they make a new color between the two. For example, if you have formed a panel in blue. you could overlap a panel in yellow so that you would have three panels, one blue, one green and one yellow.

Chris

Being also from New England, I like the Crabbing work also. Your Mom had a special talent. I bet you are really proud of her accomplishments, Chris.

Some of the stories she told, Charlie, were really cool . As Mark mentioned, Mom worked with some of the bunch involved in the Manhattan Project. When she worked at the Pentagon, they had installed the Univac computer. It was huge and took about 5,000 square feet. It gave off a heck of a lot of heat, and that was the first room in the Pentagon that had air conditioning. Everybody wanted to work in that room.

I think I've mentioned that I've been playing pool for 50 years, and my Mom had been going to pool tournaments with me for the last 11 years. Just two months ago, she started playing pool for the first time in her life, at 85.

Chris

The picture you have of her, the Best of Show, is a wonderful picture.

She received that award in 1974, and she was 53 years old in that picture.

Chris

There are more than 300 of her paintings in our house

300??? Are they all hanging on the wall, or are you just saying that you own more than 300 altogether? 300 on a wall would take up quite a lot of space.

Chad, the house is 9,000 sq.ft. and 18 rooms with 10' ceilings throughout.............lots of wall space. The last time I counted, there were 278 hanging.

Chris

Chris I had not read the thread about you mothers passing before posting to this thread or I would not have made jokes at your expense. I was really looking forward to seeing you both at FUN again..........some things in life aren't fair but it would appear that you mother led a wonderful and fruitfull life and will be sorely missed. frown.gif

You keep your head up and take care of yourself or I'll come down there and teach you how not to play pool. foreheadslap.gif

I hope this is appropriate...if not please PM me Chris and I will remove it immediately....

I know how much everybody loves my shirt......so here's Chris's wonderful Mom, Chris, Me and a bunch of folks participating in the NGC Registry Luncheon at the FUN show last year 893applaud-thumb.gif

groupshot.jpg

That was a great time, and I'm glad that Chris's mom is in the picture. We undoubtedly had the best table at the luncheon.

I remember when that picture was taken and how I ran out of view just in the nick of time. I was afraid I'd look like a dweeb waiting in line for David's autograph. Look at yourself in the picture and tell me I was wrong. poke2.gif

That was a great time, and I'm glad that Chris's mom is in the picture. We undoubtedly had the best table at the luncheon.

I remember when that picture was taken and how I ran out of view just in the nick of time. I was afraid I'd look like a dweeb waiting in line for David's autograph. Look at yourself in the picture and tell me I was wrong. poke2.gif

Which one, Lou? The one to the right or the one to the left? Or both?

Thanks for posting that again, Shane. Now, I'm going to start another thread with more of Mom's artwork as has been requested.

Chris

I remember that picture! I had something to say about someone's shirt in that photo. Which one could it of been. grin.gif

WAIT A SECOND!!!! Who is the lady in black with her head turned away? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I remember that picture! I had something to say about someone's shirt in that photo. Which one could it of been. grin.gif

WAIT A SECOND!!!! Who is the lady in black with her head turned away? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is It??????? 893whatthe.gif

Is It??????? 893whatthe.gif

It couldn't be!!! cloud9.gif