• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When is it time to put down the coins for a bit??

37 posts in this topic

After alot of thinking, etc. I have decided on what to do for now. I am going to keep doing what I am doing for now. Later on I see about making my push into coins.

Smart, Bruce. Sometimes no action vs hasty decisions is the best. thumbsup2.gif

One thing that I will never, ever forget is what a friend told me before I joined the Navy. He said, "Well, Vic, one thing you will learn is the value of your signature." He wasn't kidding, either.

Smart, Bruce. Sometimes no action vs hasty decisions is the best. thumbsup2.gif

One thing that I will never, ever forget is what a friend told me before I joined the Navy. He said, "Well, Vic, one thing you will learn is the value of your signature." He wasn't kidding, either.

Well in recent months I have become even more involved in the shop. Sales seem to be picking up, somewhat due to my selling ability. I am better than the last guy we had. I am still doing the online sales, but also working at the shop more. I am just going to ride it out for now and see what happens.

Bruce Lee-----I agree with Victor on this point. Sometimes no move is the best move. And you do have time. And, no doubt, you are helping your family. And that is NEVER a bad thing. That is ALWAYS a good thing.

The other day when I wrote, I forgot a very important thought. That being something that I was told in my senior year of dental school. It was to make sure that you live where you want to retire to. In other words---go where you think is the best place that there is in the whole U.S. Was an older doctor that told us that. I was grateful----as I picked a small rural town---with great old timey folks. I have lived in this area for over 30 years now. It has been a great place to raise kids. And yet it was only about 65--70 miles from my original home town---in the same state. So----when you do make a decision---think about going where you really want to live----and not just where there might be a job available. You got to be happy where you live. Just another little bit of food for thought. Bob [supertooth]

I don't know if I agree with that advice, Bob, for me at least. I have been to 20 countries and all 50 states. That gives me more of an idea what is out there and narrows down my choices where I might want to retire. Point is that the more places one sees then the better idea one has as to what is out there.

Lucky for me I have been able to travel a good bit. I have seen 40 states and 3 countries. Seeing recently how the shop has been doing, etc. I want to try and make the last leg of the shop a good one. We have some new things coming up for the shop, which should challenge me a bit more and expand my knowledge. Also in the mean time I will also try to get more into coins.