• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you have one then post it! A dog that is.

69 posts in this topic

Sometimes he gets off balance and flails a bit

Don't we all. yay.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

See, that why I luv ya, Thing! grin.gif

I forgot this picture. My wife and I try to take the boat over to Provincetown for the day each summer. They let you bring your dog, so that's fun. It's such a long day for him he just sleeps when we finally get home. hahaha

BubbaBoatH.JPG

Didn't we already have a Doggone Thread!!! 27_laughing.gif

peewee.jpg

I think this guy above won the ugly dog contest one year...below is my buddy Rizzo

RizzoII-2.jpghi.gif

Here's my little Boomer boy. He's a 9 month old puggle. We've had him for 7 months and just love him. Boomer is a little character and very much a prince!

679059472_6765d68631.jpg

More Boomer photos can be found on our Flickr site.

Scott hi.gif

Forum, meet Tanner. He and his sister, along with 3 other dogs and two cats are all rescues and strays that have adopted my family. When I found him, he weighed 5lbs. 18 mos. later, he's a touch over 100lbs, and his sister is about 90lbs.

t1.jpg

t5.jpg

t2.jpg

And his sister, Tilley.

tilley.jpg

Even though I'm not a "coinee" I've had a dog ever since I was born.

Here's Edgar the Jack Russel:

CrazyEddie.jpg

And Poe (rescued from an animal shelter, I think she's a mix of Black Lab and Dalmation...not sure)

LaidBackPoe.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS] It's been two years to the day since Caleb, my St. Bernard, had his leg amputated. The usual life expectancy after such surgery for osteosarcoma (bone cancer) is less than a year. So, we are blessed! Sure, he's a dog but he's MY boy and I'm very thankful that he's still around and healthy. [/font]

52199-caleb.jpg.42504be63b97887c0cfa1c226f1347a8.jpg

52200-calebwithturtles.jpg.6a0be007ec2bbae05d3a24f4c33c737b.jpg

Our new Great Dane puppy even though Caleb hates 'im. :þ He will either ignore him, bark at him or just go away.

52353-Brutus2-8-08c.jpg.ea1498ae9b71925d31c827c224f6c0b0.jpg

52354-Brutus2-8-08b.jpg.cd05021d0e02dbdb254a9c8a47041941.jpg

52355-Brutus2-8-08a.jpg.9006cedca518e258a0675ffb75e86781.jpg

52356-Brutus2-8-08e.jpg.4454cb54badc6aa9b025d61658f55e79.jpg

52357-Brutus2-8-08.jpg.c5b90b7ca629417cc42d5e5a809cd8f6.jpg

52358-Brutus2-08-08.jpg.3cdf7453aafd0f3aee7df025f671f922.jpg

52359-Brutus02-08-08.jpg.014f730627c3b248cc81468571b23e06.jpg

52360-Brutus.jpg.764577073fba93b169adb1d81352a8c4.jpg

52361-brutus1.jpg.ff32f30bc8b9a91a0d82f2962469ec1c.jpg

How's about just my avatar? Its my Duke.....Aussie Shepherd

themightyduke.jpg

They just LOVE the snow, and I just DIG the different colored eyes....and not having a tail to whack you with, or knock stuff off the coffee table, or whack you with...lol...is a bonus. They are great mannered dogs also...love people. Mine just got back from the vet today (tore off his dew (sic?) claw, just about exactly what he should weigh (65 lbs fully grown, Duke is 66 lbs), great teeth, just a happy healthy dog, and they are great dogs, people!!

Ez_e....good for you, and good for your boy. I just KNOW what your buddy means to you by the way you say "Sure, he's a dog, but he's MY boy". You should be thankful for every minute you have with him...how much joy has that big puppy given to you? You are a lucky man, and Caleb is a lucky dog to have a guy that loves him so much. I hope he blows the snot out of the expectancy thing, and lives his full expectancy. Rub his belly for my once, will ya??

Thanks, bud. You nailed it all on the head. Caleb has been with me through marriage, divorce, bachelor days and marriage again. He's been there for me unconditionally in good times and bad and has traversed the country with me numerous times. So, yeah, we're tight. :cloud9:

Words can never express how thankful I am that he beat the cancer. Now, boy, stick around for a few more years... :wishluck:

p.s. Duke is a fine looking boy. Very handsome he is! ;)

Ez_E...its CALEBS CRIB, man, CALEB rules the ROOST...gonna take a little bum kissing for Brutus to get in good with the MASTER of the house!!!! lol Though, that Brutus is gonna be one big sucka when HE matures!!!

Ez_E...its CALEBS CRIB, man, CALEB rules the ROOST...gonna take a little bum kissing for Brutus to get in good with the MASTER of the house!!!! lol Though, that Brutus is gonna be one big sucka when HE matures!!!

edited to add: Thanx for the compliment on MY boy! He is a handsome lad, thank you!!! (But then again, color scheme, which you see on no other dog, plus the freaky different colored eyes thing, maybe it just fits MY personality)...regardless, we all wind up with the pooch (aw, hell, ok, even kitty) we have for a reason..what that reason is, I dont want to ask, as I am just happy with my Duke, period.

I dont know if 'TheThing' posts any longer, as I am a relative newbie, but ANY person who adopts dogs such as Katie, is a special person. My sis-in-law has gone so far as to go to freakin' MEXICO, wait 10 days for quarantine before bringing 'Trigger' home. My bro and sis-in-law have 6 dogs, and only outright bought one...5 adopted from abusive homes. And it is sad, as TheThing brings up. One of my bros dogs, 'Tyson', man, you go to pet him (always palms up, with a comforting tone to voice), he just trembles to pieces and empties his bladder right then and there. THAT is just plain wrong to turn a perfectly lovely, happy, pet into a trembling, scared animal..there is something wrong with people who take a pet home, and do exactly the opposite of what they should. I got Duke to supplement and bring more joy into my life, and his reward for making ME smile is my doing all I can (and that includes walks in freakin' snowstorms, rainstorms, cleaning up puppy poop, boy that is worse than a dirty diaper, dog vomit-I swear they vomit, and think its their next meal...lol) to make sure he feels protected, healthy, and happy. You are a good man TheThing, and if you are no longer a poster, you are still a good man!!!!