• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this some kind of bust?

141 posts in this topic

HOOT!

I just had to show this to you. Check it out (enlarge image by clicking)!

60929063_.jpg

The number googles up with the same information, so he may still be in business?

That's hilarious! Use an elongated coin to advertise cutout coins! (I wonder if people who specialize in elongated coin presses advertise with cutout coins? insane.gif)

Hoot yeahok.gif

My first attempt... This stuff takes work!

You bet it does!

Oh, and nice job, by the way.

Here's a half-dime bust:

silhouette116.jpg

silhouette116_.jpg

Sweet variety James! I love the ring on the face.

Your welcome!

Coronet head half-cent:

silhouette106.jpg

silhouette106_.jpg

Very Nice!! James do you mind if I use your pic as my Avatar? I have yet to find one I like but this is very cool and I do like it alot. Just wanted to ask you first tho to be sure it would be ok. thanks, D thumbsup2.gif

Your welcome!

Coronet head half-cent:

silhouette106.jpg

silhouette106_.jpg

Very Nice!! James do you mind if I use your pic as my Avatar? I have yet to find one I like but this is very cool and I do like it alot. Just wanted to ask you first tho to be sure it would be ok. thanks, D thumbsup2.gif

You certainly can! I am creating these avatars just for your (and everyone's) use!

Your welcome!

Coronet head half-cent:

silhouette106.jpg

silhouette106_.jpg

You certainly can! I am creating these avatars just for your (and everyone's) use!

hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Here's one you may not have expected! Anybody know who this is?

silhouette126_.jpg

Aristotle?

It's a U.S. coin in the RedBook!

Tim, you are correct about the Feuchtwanger, though I really wish someone would teach me the correct pronunciation someday.

Great pics! Thanks!!!

Aristotle! 27_laughing.gif

The Feuchtwanger is, I think, my favorite to date. Feuchtwanger is a German name and therefore pronounced properly as such. This is easy with familiarity of the language, but the Anglicanization of the name is something like f-you-kt-wang-er with an emphasis on the "you" laugh.gif (I have to laugh at how that appears!)

Hoot

silhouette126.jpg

silhouette126_.jpg

King Kalakaua I, of Hawaii, minted 1883. Issued by the Kingdom of Hawaii before 1900, when it became a US territory, so I think calling it a US coin is stretching it a bit. wink.gif It is in the Redbook, though.

-Amanda

silhouette126.jpg

silhouette126_.jpg

King Kalakaua I, of Hawaii, minted 1883. Issued by the Kingdom of Hawaii before 1900, when it became a US territory, so I think calling it a US coin is stretching it a bit. wink.gif It is in the Redbook, though.

-Amanda

It's also allowed in the State Quarter spot of the type set in the NGC registry...