• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Ok On Some Crossovers

11 posts in this topic

Posted this "Across The Street" and figured I'd share it here also: smile.gif

Had some Free Grading Vouchers so I sent five coins in for crossover. Four out of five crossed. I sent them all in as cross at same except the 3CS, cross at any. I have always had pretty poor results so pretty happy about these. The only coin that didn't cross was this Texas in NGC MS65. PCGS graded it "Artificial Color". If this is AT then the Doctors are better than any of us thought. Don't know how someone can AT a coin like this:

Img22851.jpg

Img22853.jpg

Heres a nice Type II 3CS that was in a "New" ANACS holder as AU53. I needed an 1857 3CS for my Registry Set and this one was priced right:

PCGS AU50

Img23170.jpg

Img23173.jpg

Heres a nice 1893 Colombian Commem I've had forever. It was in an NGC MS63 holder. PCGS agreed with NGC on the grade. Pretty nice coin for the grade.

Img22854.jpg

Img22856.jpg

This is the "sweetest" PR63 BN Matte Proof Lincoln I've ever seen. I bought this one Raw and sent it to NGC. NGC graded it PR63 BN and PCGS agreed. Deserves at least a 64 holder. Pic's are Marks, mgoodm3:

1911pcobv.jpg

1911pcrev.jpg

I purchased this coin from "The Coin Shop" at ANR. I sold the coin to John, Dizzyfoxx. Then repurchased it from him. NGC graded the coin MS66RB. I was worried about this one. Has a nick on Lincolns nose and right in front of his nose. Also has a small nick on the bottom reverse. These nicks are more dramatic in my large pic's. I am very happy to say that PCGS graded the coin as a MS66RB and is now a POP 1 coin. grin.gif

Img22857-1.jpg

Img22862-1.jpg

I was on the fence on whether I wanted to renew my CC membership that expires this month. I've had some horrible experiences with PCGS and just didn't feel the cost justified the anguish I've experienced. Last week I weighed the pro's and con's around everything and decided to renew my Platinum Membership. I love coins, these boards, and PCGS;) and feel I made the right decision, for me.

"Happy Collecting"! thumbsup2.gif

They're all very nice coins, but I particularly like the matte proof Lincoln. I'm not familiar enough with commems to comment on the ?AT but look forward to seeing what others have to say.

I'm assuming the 1913 Lincoln that now resides in a PCGS MS66RB slab would be a nice moneymaker for you. Even though it is the same coin, we all know how the market works. The Texas just looks odd, and sometimes the TPGs will bag a coin that doesn't look as they expect.

Thanks for all your comments guy's!!! thumbsup2.gif Got the coins back from PCGS today. The images come out much nicer in the PCGS Plastic than NGC's. NGC needs to improve their plastic. confused-smiley-013.gif Figured I'd share the images here:

The 1911 PR Lincoln is tough to image for me. Mark's pic is much better.

Img23733.jpg

Img23734.jpg

Img23737.jpg

Img23738.jpg

Img23741.jpg

Img23742.jpg

Img23745.jpg

Img23746.jpg

This is the "sweetest" PR63 BN Matte Proof Lincoln I've ever seen. I bought this one Raw and sent it to NGC. NGC graded it PR63 BN and PCGS agreed. Deserves at least a 64 holder. Pic's are Marks, mgoodm3:

1911pcobv.jpg

1911pcrev.jpg

I love this Lincoln. Great job on the crossovers. Don't know what to tell you about the Texas. Try again? The services love that.

I have been putting Mr. Goodman to work here lately doing images for me. He does do great pics.

-------------

etexmike

1911pcobv.jpg

1911pcrev.jpg

I love this Lincoln. Great job on the crossovers. Don't know what to tell you about the Texas. Try again? The services love that.

I have been putting Mr. Goodman to work here lately doing images for me. He does do great pics.

-------------

etexmike

Looks like Lincoln had to sneeze! crazy.gif