• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is online population data so far out of date?

3 posts in this topic

This is perhaps better asked in the "Ask NGC" section, but at least here there can be some discussion about it.

Based on commentary across the street (and based on my own searches), the NGC online population reports for non-U.S. coins are extremely incomplete, and in the case of some countries, are several years out of date.

Why?

What is the point of having population reports if they are vastly inaccurate?

Doesn't NGC have any type of feeder system from their inhouse database to the web site database so that data gets updated on a weekly or monthly basis?

If the population data is still being done as manual data entry, NGC needs to invest in some programming support so that the process becomes more automated....

NGC database is getting updated each week, on Monday morning local time. There is no problems on updates.

The problem is that, due maybe a technical problem, several coins are missing that were graded years ago. I don't know the reason, i guess it is very easy to be resolved.

Just do a loop through all certification numbers (they are accurate) and regenerate populations.