• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof 2006 Silver Eagle Coins

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if modern graded proof silver eagles are worth investing in, in grade PF70. I will only by from NGC or PCGS, I dont know too much about other services. About how much would a current graded PF70 be going for? Is Ebay a good source for the prices on those coins or could I get them else where?

Depends on what you are trying to do ... If your starting from 2006 forward YES very affordable and a good investment as they are usually low mintage coins.

If you are trying to make a complete set of PF70's - it is almost an impossiblity for the everyday collector because of pricing. Some are Well into the 1000's of dollars for some older years especially the 1995w which is the creme' de la creme'.

I have decided NOT to persue the 4 that I have in 69's for 70's because of cost constraints. Prehaps you are not bound by that - If not good luck hunting and most of all have FUN whilst you do it.That is the ULTIMATE purpose for doing this ...

As other people have said in other threads, unless you really know about the coins, 69 is virtually indistinguishable from 70. Also, personally, I think that the registry set collecting is a bubble that will eventually burst, and so the price point for a 70 won't be quite as different from a 69. Just my 2¢.